Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Marks & Spencer Chocolate Reindeer

Although I suspect that Marks & Spencer isn't the finest chocolatier I can't resist a bit of novelty Christmas chocolate here and there, I find it too cute to resist and when I got bought him for Christmas...well who could say no. The chocolate you get is actually quite substantional, with detachable white chocolate ears and a thick milk chocolate body...the feet were so thick he seems pretty good! The texture is surprisingly creamy for chocolate like this, I was thinking that it might be a bit waxy or dry but the milk chocolate was ultra smooth and actually quite a strong cocoa flavour; however the same can't be said for the white chocolate..which I felt didn't really taste of much and reminded me a bit of candle wax. All I can say is I'm glad there was far more milk chocolate than white cause I really enjoyed that part, especially the feet, I couldn't really taste any complex flavours in chocolate and the appearance/shininess of the chocolate didn't really scream quality, but hey what can you expect from a chocolate reindeer!

Chocolate Reindeer from M&S

Taste - 6/10 - Nothing particularly amazing about it and the white chocolate certainly does let it down but I must say I did quite enjoy the milk chocolate in it.
Texture - 8/10 - Actually quite good, very creamy and smooth, melts well on the mouth and doesn't have too bad a feel of cheap chocolate.
Appearance - 7/10 - Hey ho so it doesn't look amazing quality..but he is extra cute and for Christmas!
Price - 7/10 - At £7 for 150g of chocolate he is quite pricey and you could probably get something better but it is a Christmas novelty.
Overall - 7/10 A cute festive treat but definately not a fine quality chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment