Monday, 7 February 2011

Thorntons Chocolate Santa

Ah, another sales chocolate item that I found, reduced from £6 to only £3 I think it was, whilst trekking through the sales, I mainly bought him for family to share etc, normally I'm not a huge fan of Thornton's chocolates its all a bit too sweet for my liking, the chocolates esepcially the filled ones taste like theyve had about a kilo of icing sugar just stirred through the centre..but anyway this is just about their normal milk chocolate that they sell, not their filled chocolates. The taste of the chocolate was very milky, I would say on this time it was more creamy than sweet but you could still tell the amount of sugar present which overpowered any complex flavours whatsoever, sugar sugar and erm yes a bit more sugar please. The texture was a bit more pleasant, it had a good snap to it, and was creamy and smooth, not dry or waxy like some cheaper chocolates, I definatley don't think I would have paid £6 for it, but at a sales price of £3 it was ok and once again with novelty Christmas like this it doesn't really matter so much on the flavour quality of chocolate etc when it's just a stocking filler for a child etc, quality of chocolate - not so good..novelty of chocolate - definately a thumbs up + it has a cute little penguin on the back which adds extra cuteness and a few appearance points!

Thorntons Chocolate SantaThorntons Chocolate Santa

Taste - 6/10 - It's nothing amazing by any means and is a bit too sweet & sickly for me, but by no means is it digusting.
Texture - 7/10 - A pretty good texture, creamy with a good snap and melts well in the mouth, also the shape of figurine provides you with good thick pieces with are substantial and tasty.
Apperance - 9/10 - A really cute figurine, the quality of the chocolate is smooth with a slight sheen.
Price - 6/10 - There's no way I would pay £6 for this when I could get something of a much higher quality, but at £3 or as a cute Christmas present this is good.
Overall - 6/10 - Overall I would probably have to give this a 6/10, I'm just not a huge fan of Thornton's chocolate, it doesn't really do anything amazing for me.


2 comments:

  1. I had a quick glance at the reduced Christmas stuff in Thorntons on Sunday - but managed to not buy anything.

    LOL James on the other hand (who doesnt normally like chocolates) bought himself 3 bags of alpine truffles...

    ...I will have to see if I can find where he has hidden them ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow 3 bags!! He must be a fan of those haha! Do you like them?..if so go steal his stash haha!

    ReplyDelete