Friday, 11 February 2011

Whittard of Chelsea White Chocolate Polar Bear Lollipop

Ah another white chocolate adventure in the Christmas sales, I love popping into Whittards of Chelsea now and then, they do some really nice stuff, they sell loads of Lindt items, novelty chocolates and not to mention their delicious chocolate coated coffee beans, I love them! Anyway I popped in and saw that this cute white chocolate lollipop was only a £1, he hadn't really been reduced by that much but I thought he was sweet and I really want to find a white chocolate that I actually really enjoy, I want to find one that doesn't make my mouth burn with sugar or make my throat feel like it's on fire..if anyone knows of any white chocolate like this please let me know!
Having said this, this white chocolate came fairly close, it actually wasn't too sickly sweet but was a more creamy and milky white chocolate that tasted really strongly of vanilla, almost vanilla ice cream like and I actually quite enjoyed it for white chocolate!
I also loved the detail on the polar bear, his cute little face, hat & sign for the North Pole, I would definately have liked to have seen him poking out the top of my stocking but unfortunately he had to wait to be bought in the sales!

White Chocolate Polar Bear Lollipop

Taste - 8/10 - I actually really enjoyed it for white chocolate, it was less sickly and more vanilla dense which gave it a more elegant sophisticated flavour.
Texture - 8/10 - The texture wasn't dry or waxy whatsoever which sometimes you can find with white chocolate; instead it was creamy and smooth.
Appearance - 8/10 - Really cute & just a nice bite size amount on a lollipop stick.
Price - 6/10 - £1 isn't too bad, it's not amazing but I wouldn't say it was pricey either.
Overall - 8/10 - I was quite pleasantly surprised by this, so far I would have to say this is thenicest white chocolate I've tried and hoping that many more will be like this in the future!

1 comment: