Sunday, 27 March 2011

Just Brownies Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie

The lovely Sarah at Just Brownies, a small online company based in Sussex selling delicious homemade brownies, decided to send me a lovely Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie to review, now I was a bit skeptical about this, I'm never normally a huge fan of brownies; I've had many a bad experience, the dryness of them, literally feeling like I'm trying to swallow a rock, so generally I try to stay away from brownies now..but hey I thought I would give this one a shot.

Just Brownies Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie

Firstly the brownie arrived beautifully packed, wrapped in lovely red tissue paper and tied with a ribbon the brownie inside was excellent packaged in protective wrap with great details on not only the ingredients, but the date it was baked and when it was best before; these brownies definately give a true home made feel, these aren't your mass produced rubbish.

Just Brownies Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie

Once you open the brownie you are hit with a lovely wave of orangey cocoaness and on cutting myself a little slice to try you can tell the texture is amazing; dense, gooey, fudgey and not a hint of dryness whatsoever! Yes! A brownie that I wasn't going to have to wash down with a litre of milk! As soon as you put the brownie in your mouth it melts literally instantly; it is so moist and provides a wonderfully smooth experience that just enrobes the whole of your mouth.

Just Brownies Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie

In terms of flavour I'm not a huge fan of brownies but you can tell this is a good one, the initial sweet kick and tartness of the orange is perfectly mellowed out by the deep cocoa rich flavours that come through as you start to chew and as the brownie starts to melt away onto your tongue, leaving a wonderfully rich chocolatey aftertaste.

Just Brownies Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie

This brownie definately changed my opinion on the "brick" like ones I've had before, and I'm a little less scared to choke on one now after experiencing this delight!

Just Brownies Valencia Chocolate Orange Brownie

Taste - 7.5/10 - A lovely blend of orange and chocolate with a rich chocolatey aftertaste.
Texture - 8.6/10 - The nicest textre I have ever experienced in a brownie, so moist & gooey but melts in the mouth at the same time.
Appearance - 8/10 - Wrapped beautifully and a good thick substantial piece with good information detailed on the packaging.
Price - 7.2/10 - At this moment in time you can't just buy one brownie but for a pack of 6 it's £7.50 which I don't think is all that bad.
Overall - 7.6/10 - A lovely brownie, definately of the highest quality and any brownie lovers out there will ADORE this.


You can have a look at the wonderful range of brownies produced by Sarah here.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have never like the orange-chocolate combination. I want to like it! And I keep trying new things, but I just don't get it. Those last two pictures definitely have me wanting to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the handwritten BB date makes it really special - like it was just made for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete