Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Moo Free Chocolates Dairy Free Chocolate Drops

Ok so I'd already tried the Moo Free Chocolate Pralines with their sophisticated style look but these Dairy Free Chocolate Drops were the complete opposite and entailed more of what Moo Free is really about, a cute, fun story about Hammy the Hamster who wanted to set the cows free so used rice milk to create their chocolate instead!

The packaging is incredibly sweet and it would definately appeal to children who are lactose intolerant and want to enjoy chocolate like everyone else! The packaging definately had me, such a big kid, I'm a sucker for anything cute!! Inside the bag you'll find a large amount of small chocolate buttons, I think I would have preferred this to be slightly bigger, they were more the size of baking chips and to fully enjoy them I felt like you would need to have at least 3/4 at a time, the smell once again however was reminiscent of advent calendar chocolate, much like the Dairy Free Pralines I had tried previously so I was slightly skeptical as to what these were going to taste like...

Moo Free Dairy Free Chocolate Drops

To be honest these didn't really hit the spot for me, they were too sweet & creamy when they were in my mouth but once swallowed left a sort of bitter dry aftertaste, I was racking my brains trying to think what they reminded me of and after about 10-15 drops later I got it, these little buttons taste exactly like the chocolate filling inside M&Ms, obviously minus the crunchy exterior. However on the plus side Moo Free Chocolates despite tasting like the sweet chocolatey stuff that kids crave won't deliver all the nastiness, they use pretty much all organic/fairtrade ingredients and they aren't filled with all the hidden nasties that your normal commercial chocolates contain.

Moo Free Dairy Free Chocolate Drops

On this note I can see that they will definately appeal to kids and commercial chocolate lovers, they are easy to knock back & are pretty much lactose free, "healthier" M&M fillings, what most kids & parents alike would love! I think Moo Free Chocolates have got their product right for their target market, the packaging, the commercial taste, everything and there will be people who will really enjoy this, and if you're a parent looking for something to give to your child that won't make you feel so guilty about pumping them with sugary additives then definately give Moo Free a go!

Moo Free Dairy Free Chocolate Drops

Taste - 5.6/10 - Too sweet for me, definately more commercial tasting.
Texture - 5.7/10 - Wasn't bad for  a Dairy Free Chocolate, just slightly dry on the ending.
Apperance - 7.6/10 - Loved the cute packaging, will definately appeal to both kids & parents alike, would have liked the buttons to have been slightly bigger however.
Price - 8/10 - At 99p for these little bag of chocolate drops they definately aren't going to break the bank!
Overall - 6/10 - I definately think Moo Free have got it right for their target market, you wouldn't see a chocolate connessieur going to buy them, but hey-ho I don't think that's what Hammy the Hamster was aiming at anyway!


To view Moo Free's website & their full range you can go to www.moofreechocolates.com



2 comments:

  1. This would be perfect for kids! Such cute packaging. I've never tried rice milk chocolate, but I've been curious about it for a while.

    ReplyDelete