Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Plush Organic Belgian Chocolates

With it being the last day of Fairtrade Fortnight today I thought I would review another Fairtrade Organic product that I was sent by the ladies at Plush Chocolates, this time it would be the Organic Belgian Chocolates. There's nothing more I like better than a good box of chocolates, the whole experience of them, looking at the little Menu you get, deciding which ones to have and just the great diversity in flavours and textures you can get out of a box is so much more satisfying than a big bar I think.

Plush Organic Belgian Chocolates

On looking at these Plush chocolates they certainly sounded appealing, with a variety of different flavours ranging from my usual favourite a Hazelnut Praline along with an Almond chocolate, Coffee, Raspberry, Almond and various other flavours, they sounded so tempting to my taste buds.

Plush Organic Belgian Chocolates

I decided to go for the Almond first, it looked gorgeous, on biting into it I thought something had happened, I wasn't tasting anything...I waited a bit...nope nothing, not even sugar, it was like when you have a really bad cold and you just can't taste anything, I thought something must have been wrong with my taste buds, what were they doing to me?! So I tried another, this time the Raspberry Truffle enrobed in dark chocolate, and again, I was met with no flavour, there was just nothing there, I hoped for 3rd time lucky and trying the Hazelnut Praline I eventually gave up, there is literally no flavour in these chocolates whatsoever.

Plush Organic Belgian Chocolates

Plush Organic Belgian Chocolates

The textures are all there, the textures are beautiful infact, so moussy and creamy, with no hint of waxiness or artificialness to them whatsoever, melting sumptuously in the mouth, but unfortunately although texture is one aspect of a chocolate, for me taste always has to carry the main selling factor and unfortunately for these Belgian Chocolates they didn't deliver. I was thoroughly disappointed with these and in the words of Forrest Gump "Life is like a box of chocolates..you never know what you are gonna get"...disappointingly in these chocolates you do know whats coming and it certainly isnt flavour.

Plush Organic Belgian Chocolates


Taste - 3/10 - I feel slightly mean giving them such a low score but there was simply no taste there whatsoever.
Texture - 8/10 - The textures were all beautiful, really contrasting and perfectly soft and sumptuous, in terms of texture I couldn't have really faulted them too much.
Appearance - 6/10 - They look quite pretty but not the nicest of chocolates I have seen.
Price - 5/10 - At £9.99 for a box they are quite expensive, you do get two layers but I wouldn't pay this for them due to the fact I simply didn't enjoy them.
Overall - 4.4/10 - Sorry to say these chocolates didn't hit the spot for me and my tastebuds are hoping for soemthing a bit more flavourful next time!

If you do want to take a look at Plush's Range you can have a look at their website here.

4 comments:

  1. how disappointing...

    ...my latest chocolate tasting box arrived yesterday so I shall open them tonight ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh really!! my came last week and they have already gone!! the ginger cheesecake and the gianduja fix were my fave i think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have the same box I will make sure I try the ginger cheesecake one first ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have the same box so I went for the ginger cheesecake one - it was delish...

    ...I will try the gianduja fix one tonight...

    ... the bison grass one looks intriguing ;o)

    ReplyDelete