Thursday, 21 April 2011

Jon L Stopay Peanut Butter Chiffon Eggs

Ooooh something from America!! A fellow blogger, Rosemary, www.nycstylelittlecannoli.com, and I, decided to do a chocolate swap recently, since there are so many products that aren't available to either of us we both agreed that we would send a selection of what we thought the other would like. My parcel arrived a couple of weeks ago and I was so excited to see what was inside, all I can say is there will be some good stuff coming up soon! However the first thing I wanted to focus on with Easter looming so soon was these Peanut Butter Chiffon Eggs from Jon L Stopay , a local chocolatier near to where Rosemary lives.

I love peanut butter & chocolate together, for me they are a match made in heaven, but I have had many a bad experience with Reese's products, I used to really like them when I was younger and to be honest slightly uneducated about chocolate, but after trying one recently I realised how utterly disgusting they are, the inside is so creamy & sweet with the chocolate so sickly. Yak. So it was with these thoughts that I hoped these Peanut Butter Chiffon Eggs could show me the true ways of the pairing of peanut butter & chocolate!

Jon L Stopay Peanut Butter Chiffon Eggs

In the box you get a fair amount of milk chocolate eggs, all in their own little paper case and on opening you can smell the amazing peanut butter aroma just leap out of the box, I could even smell it in the mail box I received them in, that just tells you how good & powerful it was! On cutting one of these in half I could tell how much better these were going to be compared to my previous Reese's experience, the chiffon interior offered a slight bit of resistance almost like it was a softer peanut butter fudge and the egg halved just perfectly.

On taking a bite I realised what I had been missing out on, these peanut butter chocolate eggs are amazing! They are so creamy & smooth rather than disgusting and gritty and the salty sweet filling contrasts perfectly with the thin mellow milk chocolate shell, these definately aren't a sickly peanut butter chocolate, which so many can be, but provide a good peanut buttery flavour. The texture is more like that of a soft fudge/nougat which offers nice resistance as you are munching through this and offers such a thick substantial chocolate that would most definately satisfy your sweet or savoury craving. Peanut butter lovers these are perfect for you!!

Jon L Stopay Peanut Butter Chiffon Eggs

Taste - 8.4/10 - I love peanut butter & chocolate together and the flavour of these was spot on.
Texture - 8.2/10 - I quite liked that these just didn't melt away instantly, the firmer texture inside provide a soft almost chewy experience.
Appearance - 6/10 - These aren't really the prettiest product I have seen but the box etc did the job.
Price - 9/10 - At $5.25 I think it was for these, considering the amount of peanut butter eggs you get this is an absolute bargain!
Overall - 7.9/10 - After trying these I want so many more peanut butter & chocolate products to be more widely available here!

If you want to have a look at Jon L.Stopay's products you can have a look at his website at http://www.jonlstopay.com/

5 comments:

  1. these look lovely...

    ...LOL I love reeses peanut butter things ;o)

    With that and my love affair with Cadburys Creme Eggs, it just goes to show that sometimes you just want the cheap stuff ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm I might have a chance to try them if they're from America. I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter and chocolate.

    Haven't had a Reeses egg in forever, but I'm pretty sure I loved them as a kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you liked them...they are quite popular here! Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to let the reeses egg thing slide....:)

    these look great, nice to see some US offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also check out their regular Peanut Butter Chiffons - simply to die for! http://www.jonlstopay.com/peanut_butter_chiffons.aspx

    ReplyDelete