Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Cocoa Loco Organic Milk Chocolate with Brazil Nuts

Now as you all know I love nuts in my filled chocolates; however I am ashamed to say that I have never really tried a nut based bar like this before. This Brazil Nut milk chocolate bar from Cocoa Loco certainly looked a generous offering, weighing in at 100g and studded with lots of huge tasty looking Brazil Nuts I was excited to tuck into this and see what the combo was like.

Despite being partial to a nut here and there, brazil nuts aren't really one of my favourites to be honest, although I love the texture I find the flavour to be slightly bland so I was hoping that the milk chocolate would have a wonderful deep flavour to complement the mellowness of the brazil nuts. Unfortunately however on trying a piece of the bar I found the milk chocolate flavour to be rather simple, there was no real deep cocoa flavour and it was much more of a mild milk chocolate, very milky & creamy with no deeper intense flavours present that I feel could have paired so well with the brazil nuts.

Cocoa Loco Milk Chocolate with Brazil Nuts

Infact the chocolate was slightly overpowered by the nuts, they were so large within the bar that it was quite difficult to appreciate the chocolate without a huge brazil nut swamping my mouth; I think I would have preferred it if the brazil nuts have been chopped up atop the bar but at least they offered a wonderful satisfying bite and in terms of texture the brazil nuts offered a delightful crunch that added a different element compared to the creamy smooth milk chocolate.

I would probably describe this bar as pleasant, it is enjoyable and I could happily eat it with no complaints whatsoever but in terms of something that makes me go 'wow', it just wasn't to that level, I found the brazil nuts slightly obtrusive in the chocolate and just wished that it had packed a bit more punch when it came to flavour. Nevertheless for anyone who loves their chocolate covered brazil nuts this bar will definately be for them as I certainly think it is a lot more satisfying and with the ingredients being all organic you can feel good about buying it in the process!!

Cocoa Loco Milk Chocolate with Brazil Nuts

Taste - 6.3/10 - Was pleasant, a nice milky chocolate with the addition of brazil nuts but nothing amazing and lacked anything different to it.
Texture - 6.2/10 - Good creamy smooth texture with a nice crunch added by the brazil nuts, however they were slightly too large and could become slightly obtrusive at times.
Appearance - 6.7/10 - A really pretty looking bar with generous amounts of brazil nuts.
Price - 6.7/10 - This bar is priced at £3.25 for one bar, I suppose it's the average price for something like this.
Overall - 6.6/10 - Nothing bad, nothing amazing, a middle of the road bar that will please any chocolate brazil nut lovers.

If you want to take a look at Cocoa Loco you can view their range at www.cocoaloco.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brazil nuts (also known as the most radioactive food around) - but whole ones in a chocolate bar? Not OK. They need to be chopped and well distributed. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. following on from what Victoria said Brazil nuts arent exactly small either!

    ReplyDelete