Sunday, 1 May 2011

Miss Coco 'You're a Nutter' Chocolates

There's nothing more I enjoy than a good nutty chocolate, praline, chopped nuts, peanut butter, anything with nuts in normally has my pulse rising so when I heard about these chocolates from Miss Coco they sounded so tempting "nutty cremes" they were described as, with a creamy white truffle centre blended with caramelised nuts and encased in a smooth milk chocolate shell and decorated with gold glitter they sounded not only pretty but extremely tasty.

When they arrived I couldn't wait to get them open, in terms of presentation they look something a bit different, presented in a lovely box, you are greeted with 6 substantial looking chocolates with a dusting of edible gold glitter,  these look really special.

Miss Coco 'You're a Nutter' Chocolates

Unfortunately when it came to tasting them, things turned significantly worst, on biting into the first one I thought my taste buds were playing tricks on me, I didn't really get any flavour to be honest, just sugar, pure sugar. I ogled the inside of the chocolate looking for what I expected would be a smooth rich truffley centre but it was more just a block of a white lard looking substance with a few chopped nuts in. The filling was completely different to how I expected, it was neither like a praline nor like a truffle, both the chocolate and the filling were overly sweet, dry and not creamy whatsovever.

Miss Coco 'You're a Nutter' Chocolates

I tried another one, just to give them the benefit of the doubt to make sure that it wasn't just the first one I had tried but was greeted with the same horrific experience, a dry overly sweet lard like chocolate that burned my mouth with sugar and left an awful unpleasant dry sensation in my mouth afterwards.

Miss Coco 'You're a Nutter' Chocolates

In terms of chocolates these are really "books that shouldn't be judged by their cover" they may look pretty but they certainly don't taste it and I definately wouldn't really want to come back for any more unfortunately.

Miss Coco 'You're a Nutter' Chocolates

Taste - 2/10 - Just screamed sugar really, there wasn't anything particularly pleasant about them.
Texture - 2.4/10 - The outer exterior and the proportion of the chocolate was good but the inside texture was horrific, it wasn't creamy or smooth but gritty, dry and lard like.
Price - 3/10 - These are priced at £4.50 for 6 and if these were good chocolates then this would be fine..but unfortunately they're not good.
Appearance - 7/10 - These look really pretty and are presented beautifully, loved the edition of the gold edible glitter on top to give a sort of pretty girly appeal.
Overall - 3/10 - Pleasing on the eyes, not so much on the tongue.

Miss Coco's range can be seen at http://shop.misscoco.co.uk/

3 comments:

  1. LOL I used to work with someone who called me Nutnut...

    ...I thought the title was specifically aimed at me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the filling even looks disgusting. Very unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww that sounds so gross! Nothing worse than a chocolate that tastes like pure sugar. Or a filling that tastes like lard. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete