Monday, 30 May 2011

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

It's been a while since I've reviewed anything from the ladies at Plush, after trying their Fairtrade Organic Belgian Chocolates I was extremely disappointed with the lack of flavour they provided, so I was hoping that the other box of chocolates they offer, the Belgian Chocolate Selection, would be slightly better.

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

In terms of appearance they look inviting, stored in a rustic looking box and with chocolates shaped as presents and hearts they look visually appealling and certainly pack a substantial amount of chocolate. These aren't "skinny minnie" chocolates and it's certain that any chocolate you choose from within the box will have enough about it in terms of size to satisfy any chocolate pangs.

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

The selection that is offered inside this box ranges from pralines to caramels and naturally I decided to start on a nutty one, the Romeo to be precise, which was the large heart shaped chocolate lurking within the box.

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

It consisted of a hazelnut praline enrobed in white chocolate; however instead of having no flavour at all like the previous box I had reviewed this one just tasted of pure sugar if I'm honest with no real flavour of nuts present.

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

I hoped the nut and caramel would be slightly more pleasant, however again I was met with the same strong sugar flavours with no real depth to the chocolate whatsoever. I didn't really want anymore after trying about 2/3 of these chocolates, they didn't really offer any different flavours other than that of sugar and to me, they all tasted pretty much the same.

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

Again the textures were all there with these chocolates, they're well proportioned with thick chocolate shells and substantial fillings, but the just fail to live up to anything on flavour. I would describe them as very commercial tasting, if you're after a bit of a sugar hit and nothing too deeply chocolate tasting then these would do the trick, but to sit down, and enjoy as a box of chocolates I would have to say a definate no no.

Plush Belgian Chocolate Selection

Taste - 4.3/10 - Just really strong tastes of sugar, they are edible, but too commercial for me.
Texture -6.7/10 - The textures were good, the chocolates well proportioned with good shells and fillings.
Appearance - 7/10 - These are pretty looking chocolates and look visually appealling, nothing particularly wrong with them.
Price - 6.5/10 - You can buy these from Ethical Superstore for £5.87! For what they are I'd say this is ok value, I wouldn't buy them for myself but you can pay a lot more for similar tasting commercial chocolates.
Overall - 6/10 - Just a bit too commercial tasting for me.

To take a full look at Plush Chocolates you can visit the website at www.luxuryfairtradechocolate.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me. Did I mention I love your blog? I do. Love.it. Its everything I wish mine had become. I will now live vicariously through you. *pulls up a chair and grabs a box of chocolate*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it!! :)
    Feel free to pop back any time and live through it hehe :P

    ReplyDelete