Thursday, 9 June 2011

Zotter Labooko Banana Chocolate

This was another chocolate bar I picked up from Cyber Candy when I was in London, along with the Fish Gummi bar..ahem.., from Zotter Chocolates. This Banana Chocolate Bar is part of their bean to bar range, Labooko, and instead of using milk powder in this chocolate bar, bananas are present. After my last experience with banana chocolate, the Banana Split Bar from Maestrani, I was hoping that this was going to be slightly better. I so badly want Banana Chocolate to be good because it sounds so yummy but unfortunately it appears that this is just not the case.

Zotter Labooko Banana Chocolate Bar

It's not bad by any means, the banana flavour is fresh and non-artificial tasting with an overall well balanaced creamy flavour that certainly isn't too sweet, but as a package it just didn't really appeal. Due to the addition of the banana in the chocolate the bar had a very waxy melt, with the texture reminding me slightly of candle wax, and in placing it in my mouth I found it very difficult for this bar to get going, meaning I had to resort to slight munching and  crunching!

Zotter Labooko Banana Chocolate Bar

For me, I felt this bar was more of a "candy"/"sweet" than a chocolate, in terms of appearance and tasting I just didn't really get any proper chocolate experience. Looking at different products out there this certainly is one of them and I love what Zotter are doing with their many innovative products available in the Labooko range along with the gorgeous unique packaging they present them in but I just didn't feel that this banana chocolate worked mainly due to the  unappealing texture.

Zotter Labooko Banana Chocolate Bar

To try something a bit different I would definately give it a try, as long as you are not in need of a major chocolate fix as unfortunately this won't satisfy your craving. My search for a good Banana Chocolate goes on!

Taste - 6/10 - It wasn't enormously unpleasant, the banana flavour was fresh and the bar as a whole wasn't too sweet, it just wasn't amazing.
Texture - 3/10 - I really didn't like the texture whatsoever in this bar, I just found it far too waxy.
Appearance - 7/10 - The appearance of this bar was actually really pretty, I liked the design of not only the exterior packaging  but also the overall design of the bar inside.
Price - 4.9/10 - Priced at £1.90 this is pretty expensive for what you get and the overall experience offered.
Overall - 5.3/10  - I really just didn't think that this Banana Chocolate experience was anything ground breaking, one to try but not one to love.

The Labooko Banana Bar can be bought from www.cybercandy.co.uk

Or

If you want to look at Zotter's other produce you can visit them at www.zotter.at/en

2 comments:

  1. Vosges has a salty plantain chip bar - similar flavor to banana but not overwhelmingly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana chocolate bars sound so strange! Too bad this one wasn't too tasty. I hope you find one that you like.

    ReplyDelete