Thursday, 14 July 2011

Limited Edition Cadburys Flake Allure

Ah straight back from the jolly holidays and right into reviewing again! Yum! Although having returned slightly sunburnt and in pain I am glad to say I picked up a range of different looking chocolates to try out and review..mm. To review for you today I have the new Limited Edition Flake Allure that has been released over the summer as an extra edition to the traditional Flake product.

Flake Allure

It seems slightly upsetting that all new chocolate bars nowadays just seem to be "limited edition" spruced up versions of regular ones that are already available on the market, I just wish that even commercial chocolate companys would bring something a bit different to the market. The Allure is described as a traditional flake mixed with a truffle like filling half coated/dipped in milk chocolate..hmm this does sound slightly like a posher version of the Flake Dipped that was brought out a few years ago.

Flake Allure

The packaging itself does look slightly mroe posh; as its meant to be I suppose, something a bit more special and is definately marketed more to women as a dainty chocolate bar rather than a man looking for a big chunky chocolate bite. I've never been a huge fan of the original Flake, I only rarely go to Cadbury's chocolate when I'm in a real need of a creamy milky sugar hit, and even then, Flake is rarely what I would choose, I just find it unsatisfying and too messy with all its crumbs flying everywhere!!

I can thankfully say that I enjoyed the Flake Allure slightly more; although I got not real flavour of rich truffle it did manage to come through in the texture that gave a more chewy rich feeling whilst the dipped bottom stopped it crumbling to much. However I still felt that it was not satisfying enough to provide a good sugar hit and too commercial and sweet to satisfy my chocolate craving but for anyone who adores Flake or wants something different to try then I would definately recommend it, in my opinion it certainly beats the original version and the crumbly mess is significantly reduced!!

Flake Allure

Taste - 6.7/10 - It's your classic creamy, sweet, milky Cadbury's chocolate. Nothing amazing.
Texture - 7.2/10 - Better in terms of texture compared to the original Flake with its truffle like consistency and being half dipped.
Appearance - 6.7/10 - Packaging is relatively pretty but still feel that the Flake is maybe slightly too small.
Price - 6/10 - You can buy these for around 60p and you don't get all that much chocolate, it's more of an "exclusive" commercial chocolate bar I would say.
Overall - 6.7/10 - Better than the original Flake but nothing to rave about.

2 comments:

  1. Aaahh, I've had classic Flake before (I think i even posted about it). I can buy it at this little candy store in Cape Cod. They have alot of imported stuff there. I like the texture of it. A little crumbly, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this one myself and did like it...

    ReplyDelete