Sunday, 17 July 2011

Vosges Organic Peanut Butter BonBons

Peanut Butter, it seems to be a bit like Marmite really, either you love it or you hate it, and for me I absolutely love it, I seem to be able to eat it with anything, on its own out of the jar, spread on toast, with banana, apple or of course with chocolate. So when Victoria from The District Chocoholic was sending me over some American goodies I just had to see if I could get these Peanut Butter Bon Bons from Vosges yum!

Vosges Peanut Butter Bon Bons

Each Bon Bon is infused with Pink Himalayan salt and topped with a crunch of Maldon salt and filled with creamy organic peanut butter..ooh these sounded so so tempting. The chocolates were packaged in a long rectangular card packaging with good details about what the chocolates contained and smelled so delicious on taking them out!

Vosges Peanut Butter Bon Bons

Theres nothing more I love than a good substantial chocolate and these are definately satisgying; when I cut them in half you can tell just how thick and delicious a texture the filling is;with the proportion between the filling and the rich chocolate coating being perfect.

Vosges Peanut Butter Bon Bons

On paper it really seemed like I was going to love these; the texture; the smell; the description, everything seemed just about perfect but unfortunately on tasting they just let me down. There's no doubt that they are well made but for me they were just too over salted; to me a peanut butter chocolate should have a slighty hint of salt that contrasts perfectly with a sweeter milk chocolate and a deep nutty flavour. Alas the peanut butter was present here but just far too overpowered with the flavour of salt and I much would have preferred a creamier flavour as the aftertaste was just like I had had a sip of sea water!

Vosges Peanut Butter Bon Bons

For anyone who loves really salty chocolates then I would head for these, but for me, a person who never even salts their food I just couldn't handle the strong flavour!

Taste - 5.8/10 - Well made but just too salty for me.
Texture - 8/10 - The texture was delicious, rich, thick and a very substantial chocolate.
Appearace - 7/10 - Fairly pretty looking and a good size.
Price - 6.9/10 - These are priced at $10 for 4 bon bons definately more for a more special occasion.
Total - 6.9/10 - Too salty and not creamy or chocolatey enough for me.

To have a look at Vosges range you can visit their website at http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

3 comments:

  1. These definitely have a great texture - Vosges usually does pretty well there - but they are a bit salty. I can't get enough salt, so that was OK with me, but I can see how it's overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who don't like peanut-butter are nearly as weird as people who do like marmite.

    have you ever had a reese's? PB chocolate perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yehh ive had reeses, i found it a bit too sweet last time i had it but normally i love them.

    ReplyDelete