Saturday, 21 January 2012

James Chocolates : Honeycomb Chocolate Bees

I always like how accessible and fun James makes his chocolates, making them not only relatable but also affordable to most people whilst incorporating cute novel designs. I picked up these Honeycomb Bees quite some time ago; but have only recently got round to munching my way through them, they were described  as consisting of a moulded milk chocolate, some complete with white chocolate wing tops and flavoured with small crunchy honeycomb pieces : akin to the filling of a Crunchie.

James Chocolates : Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bees


James Chocolates : Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bees

Inside the pack you will find 5 reasonably sized chocolate bees just right for nibbling away at slowly..or if you're feeling a bit greedy you could pop a whole one in your mouth all at once to let it melt! I found these a bit too sweet for my liking, but for most of the population these will certainly hit the spot, especially with the kids!

Biting into them I expected nice pieces of crunchy honeycomb, to be a more chocolate dense Crunchie; however I was quite disappointed to find the honeycomb was barely there and was really dispersed well throughout the bees. I definitely would have liked to have seen a bit more crunch inside to add to the texture!

James Chocolates : Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bees

In terms of a great gift for kids and the fun idea of incorporating bee chocolate shapes with honeycomb it makes a great gift, but I don't think this would be the type of product you would go out to buy just as a treat for yourself.

Taste - 5/10 - It was a bit too sweet for my liking but my family thoroughly enjoyed them, I just wish there had been a bit more honeycomb to add a bit of variety..although this may have made it even sweeter!
Texture - 5.4/10 - The milk chocolate was creamy and smooth but I felt that the honeycomb particles weren't particularly present.
Appearance - 7.2/10 - Look like great fun!
Price - 5.7/10 - These are £4.50 for 5 bees, it is affordable but I'm not really sure its worth the money.
Overall - 5.8/10 - A nice treat for kids if you're looking for something a bit different from the norm.

_____________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
Definitely one for the kids and those of you with a sweet tooth!

WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up from John Lewis but I know Fenwicks and other department stores also stock them; failing that you can buy them online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment