Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Amedei Chuao 70%

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you're all having a love filled day..if you're a couple..make sure you get your fair share of chocolates..and if you're single..well all the more for you! My review today isn't really particularly Valentine Day's themed...as it would be a bit too late for that now; but it is about a chocolate that is meant to evoke feelings of great love and pleasure in its flavour..Chuao chocolate..meant to be one of the best in the world!

Amedei Chuao 70%

Produced from the finest Criollo cocoa beans grown in the Chuao plantation in Venezuela when processed they are supposed to produce a chocolate that is of a much finer exquisite flavour; deeper and more aromatic. Here I bring to you Amedei's version of the bar; I must admit, I had been quite excited to try this bar for a while, I'd heard so many great things about Chuao chocolate that my expectations were exceedingly high for what I expected from this bar.

Amedei Chuao 70%

However sometimes I feel that this is a bad thing; sometimes, if things get over-hyped they can seem a bit of a let down where you eventually come to try it out. On first tasting of this bar, I did get a bit of an anti climax..I didn't particularly find anything astounding about it..there was no "woosh" of flavour, if you will, no fireworks going off in my mouth.

Nevertheless as I began to eat more of the bar I started to appreciate just how well this bar of dark chocolate had been made, with its slight licorice aroma and subtle tastes of plums, dried fruits and prunes, leading way to a tang of sour raspberries, before ending with slightly sweeter and caramel notes. The way the flavours lead way into one another is exceedingly good and I have to say that although none of them stand out spectacularly, this is probably one of the most well rounded chocolate bars I've tried never knocking you out fully but slowly teasing you into another flavour. There's no bitter aftertastes whatsoever and the flavour stays for a good while in your mouth.

Amedei Chuao 70%

It wasn't the creamiest or most indulgent melts I've had in a chocolate bar but it was extremely rich, meaning that you only needed to have a little bit at a time to satisfy your cravings..this certainly isn't like a mass chocolate bar in which you may eat the whole bar in one go and for this reason I believe it's worth the higher price tag it carries.

Amedei Chuao 70%

Although I wouldn't say it rocked my world, I must admit that I see why it has got so many rave reviews..Amedei certainly have done a good job in producing such a fine bar of chocolate like this; from the excellently produced bar inside to the special touches on the packaging it is certainly worth a try!

Taste - 8.7/10 - Although none of the flavours punch you in the face I like how this bar of Chuao subtly leads you through its story of tastes in a perfectly well rounded manner.
Texture - 7.9/10 - Quite a dry melt but the luxurious flavour makes up for it.
Appearance - 8.4/10 - Amedei's bars always look delightful in the fold out packaging they present all their bars in.
Price - 8.2/10 - Although it is priced quite a bit higher than what you may normally pay for a chocolate bar I think it's worth it!
Overall - 8.3/10 - Would definitely be interested to try some other companies versions of Chuao to compare it to to see if theirs were as well rounded.

__________________________________________________________________________-
WHO FOR?
Someone who appreciates finer chocolate.

WHERE TO BUY?
You can pick this up from The Chocolate Trading Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment