Sunday, 20 May 2012

Puccini Bomboni Hazelnut Gianduja

I mentioned a while back that a friend of mine went to Amsterdam and I've been dying to post this review up for quite a while; as soon as I saw what goodies he had brought back for me my eyes were immediately drawn to this..to me this is one of my ideal ways to enjoy chocolate, in the form of a huge delicious milk chocolate hazelnut gianduja coated in a mixture of milk and dark chocolate. Mm.

Puccini Bomboni Hazelnut Gianduja

Puccini Bomboni is a chocolatier based in Amsterdam, and what he produces, are a range of larger sized filled chocolates, these aren't the measly little chocolates that you might find lurking in the bottom of a box, but huge hefty beasts that can hold their own, something you may go to instead of having a bar of chocolate.

P1127982

Presented in a lovely neat box, opening it up a large chocolate rock like formation awaited me; I was hoping that this wasn't going to be one of those chocolates where they deliver on size and sweetness but don't have any overall quality of flavour. I'm afraid to say the saying "good things come in little packages" has been well and truly broken this time round..as this is delicious!

Puccini Bomboni Hazelnut Gianduja

Biting into it I was met with a creamy, mousse, light gianduja filling, that melted irresistibly on the tongue as if you were floating on a cloud of glorious gianduja enrobing your taste-buds with light hazelnut and sweet milk chocolate notes. Thankfully this never gets too sweet though as it is predominantly coated in dark chocolate with only a slight sliver of milk chocolate atop; this allows it to hover in between the point where it is not too sweet nor too bitter, I like my pralines with a bit of sugar, but not so much that it overpowers the true nature of the nut!

Puccini Bomboni Hazelnut Gianduja

The sign of a good chocolate is when you are truly upset when its all gone, when you wish you could just relive the experience again and again, and I got this with this chocolate, I just wish I had another few lurking in the cupboard so I could enjoy the beauty of this chocolate all over again.

Taste - 8.7/10 - If you like your chocolate giandujas, this is one of the best I've had, light chocolate and hazelnut flavours complement each other perfectly.
Texture - 9.2/10 - As light and as fluffy as a cloud with a perfect ratio of filling to shell.
Appearance - 8.4/10 - A good hefty looking chocolate in a nice neat looking box.
Price - NA/10 - I'm not sure what my friend paid for this but it was amazing!
Overall - 8.8/10 - Heaven in a nutshell!

_____________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone who loves their pralines and giandujas, like myself, would adore this.

WHERE TO BUY?You can pick this up from Puccini Bomboni's shop based in Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment