Sunday, 3 June 2012

Paul A Young Sea Salted Caramel Brownie

I'd heard things about Paul A Young's brownies: rich,  dense, delicious decadent treats were just some of the words and phrases that have been used to describe them over time, so when it came to the fated moment that I got to sink my teeth into one for myself  I was anticipating greatness.

Paul creates various different flavours of brownies, there's obviously the classic, but depending on the season different varieties emerge to offer something else for the customer to get their hands on. Another creation that Paul is famous for is his sumptuous sea salted caramel..so to combine a brownie..with his sea salted caramel..with white chocolate chunks...and topped with crunchy cacao nibs, it almost sounded too good to be true!

Paul A Young Sea Salted Caramel Brownie

A brownie is never something I would normally choose, to be honest, the ones I've tried over time, I've never loved..it's not something I would ever crave, or choose...but this, to call it a brownie, well it's so much more than that, and is light years away from anything I've ever tried before.

It's more like eating a rich, deep brownie batter, not cakey in the slightest, but gooey, chewy, melt in the mouth, fudgy, has this even been baked?! experience. This definitely isn't a light flimsy treat but a dense substantial mouthful; if you're really hungry..or just a sheer chocoholic like me you can easily eat this in one sitting, but for the more faint hearted it may get a bit too much, but not to fear you can easily wrap it up and keep some for later!


Paul A Young Sea Salted Caramel Brownie

Nevertheless the deliciousness doesn't just stop at the brownie base in this flavour, there's so much more to it than the classic fudgy deep chocolate flavour; as you are biting into it you are often hit with wonderful little pockets of the wonderful sea salted caramel, the crunchy slightly bitter cacao nibs adding a nice texture element and the sweeter large white chocolate chunks to offset the deepness of the 70% cocoa brownie base.

I'd recommend this to all brownie lovers..and non brownie lovers..it certainly converted me..if only every brownie I tried was like this.

Taste - 8.9/10 - Feels such a rich and naughty/guilty treat, but so totally worth it.
Texture - 9.4/10 - Wow, deep, fudgy, gooey heaven, with oozing liquid caramel, crunchy cacao nibs & chunky white chocolate chunks this melts ideally in the mouth.
Appearance - 7.4/10 - Looks like a rich substantial brownie, with nice flecks of white chocolate.
Price - 8.7/10 - I'm pretty sure this was either £3.50 or £3.95 which I think it outstanding value for something this good!
Overall - 8.6/10 - Brownie heaven.
___________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
If you're looking for something rich, decadent and amazingly satisfying then this is what you want. Not one for the dieters or those watching their calories!

WHERE TO BUY?
You can pick this up at either of Paul A Young's stores in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment