Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Plopp Love Bar

When you think of chocolate the name 'Plopp' doesn't immediately come to mind; it is hardly the most appetising of names to entice hoards of consumers, yet this is what Swedish company Cloetta have decided to call one of their chocolate bars! Thanks to companies such as Cyber Candy it is becoming easier and easier for the modern day chocolate lover to experience different sweet treats from countries across the globe; so despite Plopp's unappetising name I was more than happy to give it a whirl when I was offered the chance to try it.

Plopp Love Chocolate Bar

Plopp comes in various varieties but the one I was offered to try out was 'Plopp Love' a milk chocolate bar filled with white truffle and raspberry jelly; it sounded vaguely appetising and I decided that whether I liked it or not it would at least be fun to try out!

The bar is sectioned into various chunks and although it is filled with a soft raspberry jelly it is relatively easy to break apart without a mess being created! The raspberry jelly takes up the majority of the innards of the 'Plopp' with the white truffle acting as a sort of underlay.

Popping a piece into my mouth I was immediately hit with a very strong raspberry jelly flavour; akin to that of Hartley's etc followed by a very sweet tang from that of the white truffle and the milk chocolate exterior. It's a shame that the raspberry flavour is so strong as the white truffle nor the milk chocolate don't really add anything to the bar other than an overwhelming sweetness.

Plopp Love Chocolate Bar

As the cube of 'Plopp' started to break down into my mouth I started to think that this may just be what eating raspberry flavoured Play-Doh may be like, not particularly pleasant, I'm not sure exactly what it was about it but it had a strange sort of gooey, dough like texture to it, like a claggier version of Turkish Delight.

Plopp Love Chocolate Bar

If you have a sweet tooth and enjoy a cube of Turkish Delight now and then, then you may enjoy this novelty Swedish 'Plopp' bar;  however I found it to be far too sweet for my liking and joint with the strange Play-Doh like texture it didn't really hit my buttons. I guess this is a fun bar to try and I always like to experience what other chocolates/candy bars have to offer, but I don't think I'll be visiting Sweden for a 'Plopp' bar anytime soon!

Taste - 3.2/10 - It was a bit sickly sweet for my liking.
Texture - 3.3/10 - It had a sort of doughy waxy like texture to it that reminded me of 'Play-Doh'.
Appearance - 6.1/10 - Nicely sectioned into cubes and with fun pink packaging it would probably catch my eye.
Price - 5.2/10 - You can pick this up for £1.10 from Cyber Candy, I don't think this is too bad for a one off novel treat to try.
Overall - 4.4/10 - A strange Swedish concoction.
______________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
Anyone who fancies trying something a bit different or is partial to Turkish Delight.

WHERE TO BUY?You can pick this up from Cyber Candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment