Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Nutty Caramel

Fitting in with my most recent Cadbury's competition launch I thought it was only appropriate to review one of Cadbury's other new bars - Nutty Caramel that is apparently exclusive to Sainsbury's, none of the other supermarkets got a look in here.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Nutty Caramel



When I read about it online I had visions of it being a bar version of the whole nut + caramel found in Roses, which lets be honest would be extremely satisfying. However what I was met with was something slightly different; instead of whole hazelnuts once again Cadbury's has used lots of teeny tiny pieces of caramelised hazelnuts, atop of a caramel "cream" and finished off with the classic Cadbury's caramel before being coated in Dairy Milk chocolate.





Cadbury's Dairy Milk Nutty Caramel

As I bit into it, it reminded me of the Bronzed Creme Crunch that Cadbury's released for the Olympics mixed with a classic Cadbury's Caramel; this is one heck of a sweet chocolate bar. The mixture of the soft caramel/the caramel cream and the incredibly sweet caramelised hazelnuts, I found to be cloying sweet, with the occasional throat burn, that wasn't particularly pleasant. I was hoping that the nuts would maybe provide more of a savoury earthy flavour, unfortunately this was not the case with them being more like crunchy bits of sugar.


Cadbury's Dairy Milk Nutty Caramel






On the plus side the classic Cadbury's caramel does excel here in terms of providing a wonderful luxurious feel in the mouth, it has that delightful oozing property that just enrobes your mouth - alas this is where the positive texture points end. As stated above the nuts are more like caramelised bits of sugar and the caramel cream is slightly dry.








Cadbury's Dairy Milk Nutty Caramel


Reading about Cadbury's new releases of bars I thought that this one would be my favourite by far, being nuts about nuts; alas I found it far too sweet, if you've got a big sweet tooth no doubt you'll love this but it wasn't for me. I guess at least it's a little bit of innovation and not a complete copy of a Milka bar that's already been released!

Taste - 5.4/10 - Too sweet for my liking, may appeal to others.
Texture - 5.9/10 - The soft caramel was pleasant but the nuts were more like bits of crunchy sugar and the caramel cream was a tad dry.
Appearance - 7.3/10 - Looks pleasant enough.
Price - 6.5/10 - This was priced at £1.50 for a 200g bar at Sainsbury's for this price I would choose the Toffee Popcorn bar over this but at least it's an accessible price to try!
Overall - 6.3/10 - I'd hoped for so much more from this bar!
_____________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone with an incredibly sweet tooth.

WHERE TO BUY?

I'm pretty sure this bar is exclusive to Sainsbury's.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this type of Cadbury existed, but if it's only available at Sainsburys that makes perfect sense! I tend to like their caramel, but I don't like caramel Creme, so I think I would find it too sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolates have nutritional value that is why while it melts in your mouth think of it that it contains Phenylethylamine a pleasure inducing chemical and theobromine, a mild stimulant and lots of anti-oxidants.

    ReplyDelete