Friday, 23 November 2012

M&S Chocolate Honeycomb Truffle Santa

I know some people aren't a huge fan of chocolate novelties; a marked up price just for something being shaped in a particular way or fitting the "festive trend". I am, on the other hand, such a big kid when it comes to stuff like this; I don't care if it's "high quality" or "artisan", as long as it tastes good and is cute and Christmas like then it normally ticks the box for me. You could say this is the other side of my "chocolate personality".



M&S, this year, have brought out quite a wide range of chocolate products, ranging from the more elegant and expensive, to the down right cute - ideal for stocking fillers! This Chocolate Honeycomb Truffle Santa jumped out at me immediately, I don't know whether it's new for this year, but it's the first time I've seen it floating around; I know they do a bubbly variety, but it was the honeycomb one that struck a particular chord with me.

A perfectly dinky cute size and shaped/modeled into a 3D Santa form this chocolate is filled with, not a crunchy honeycomb that you may find in the likes of Crunchie etc, but a smooth, sweet honeycomb that melts in the mouth with tiny pieces of crunch to add a nice texture contrast.



I firstly have to comment on how cute this is; there's not that many products I've seen that are floating around that are 3D figurines with this much detail, whilst also being filled. Don't worry though, this Santa isn't just a pretty face, he's also extremely delicious.



He isn't overly sweet/sickly but has a nice burnt caramel/honeycomb flavour to him, whilst the honeycomb truffle texture I far preferred to the usual crunchy variety, it was something a bit different to enjoy. If you buy one of these for your kids this Christmas you're probably going to end up wanting to steal him yourself before it even gets chance to reach their stocking...I know I'd want to!

Taste - 8.3/10 - Not too sweet nor sickly; just a lovely light honeycomb flavour with a surrounding of creamy milk chocolate.
Texture - 9.3/10 - I absolutely adored the creamy honeycomb truffle centre!
Appearance - 9.3/10 - The Santa figurine is so cute and lots of attention to detail!
Price - 9/10 - A bargain at 55p!
Overall - 9/10 - A Christmas winner - it'll just be sad when they're no longer available, I say stock up now!
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Perfect for kids/kids at heart; a great little stocking filler.

WHERE TO BUY?You can pick these up from M&S stores.

4 comments:

  1. I am okay with chocolate in any shape and size!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A honeycomb truffle santa? YUM! I've never had anything like this before but I think I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you ate off santas head! hilarious (and delicious)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever tried chocolate with a honeycomb center- I'm interested! What does it taste like if you could relate it to something?!

    ReplyDelete