Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Rococo Scorched Hazelnuts

It's been  a while since I've reviewed anything from Rococo; yet it seems to be whenever I go back to their products to try something new I am always ever so pleasantly surprised. In times gone by, before I realised how many wonderful various chocolate concoctions there were out there to sample I never would have thought of buying chocolate coated nuts..it just never really appealed to me. Oh how times of changed.

Rococo Scorched Hazelnuts 


When I saw these chunky, satisfying looking Scorched Hazelnuts I just knew I had to try them - coated in a thick layer of milk chocolate and came in  either  a varying shade of green or a classic milk chocolate colour.

I love the word 'scorched' it suggests a deep toasting just before reaching that unpleasant burnt stage, to create the ultimate caramelised nut. Before you ask, yes, these hazelnuts did live up to their 'scorched' name; they are crispy, crunchy yet oh so light, they are not too heavy in the mouth and are easy to just knock back one after the other like you were eating a bag of popcorn.

Rococo Scorched Hazelnuts
 
The milk chocolate is creamy and light but is coated on in such a generously thick layer which gives you something extra to bite through before you reach the crunchy hazelnut innards. The deep caramelised earthy hazelnut flavour pairs so well with the light milk chocolate, lingering between the sweet yet savoury flavours.

Rococo Scorched Hazelnuts 


 It's chocolate products like these that you really just can't help going back to over and over again - I challenge a person to be able to have just one of these! Not only is the texture amazingly light, the flavours well balanced and delicious but also in true Rococo style these also look beautiful!

Taste - 8.7/10 - Earthy caramelised hazelnut flavour works so well with the sweet, creamy, milky chocolate flavour.
Texture - 9.2/10 - The texture was just perfect for me; I hate it when chocolate coated nuts are too dense and chewy almost - these were crispy and light.
Appearance - 8/10 - As usual the Rococo products look gorgeous.
Price - 7.3/10 - These are priced at £9.50 for a 200g bag; its a case of you get what you pay for though.
Overall - 8.3/10 - Another success from the wonderful people at Rococo.
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Perfect for a cosy night in watching a film as a treat instead of popcorn or would make a lovely gift for any chocolate lover.

WHERE TO BUY?
Various department stores such as John Lewis, Fenwicks etc stock Rococo or you can order direct from their website.

1 comment:

  1. These sound absolutely delicious! I imagine they're very moreish?

    ReplyDelete