Monday, 31 December 2012

Hotel Chocolat Pigs in Blankets

Hope you all had a great chocolatey Christmas and that you all have a great New Year tonight! These cute little Pigs in Blankets were one of the delicious chocolates that I was bought for over the festive period; even better for you that you can pick them up in the Hotel Chocolat 50% off Christmas Sale! Chocolate - half price - even better!

Hotel Chocolat Pigs in Blankets

Real pigs in blankets - little sausages wrapped in bacon; sorry they just don't do it for me..chocolate pigs in blankets consisting of Hotel Chocolat's delicious hazelnut praline, wrapped in either milk or white chocolate...much better!


I love how Hotel Chocolat every year seems to reinvent their Christmas range; yes of course there are the same old bits n bobs that pop up; but year on year there always seems to be at least a few new products to brighten the spirits. As usual they appeal to not only people wanting some finer quality chocolate but also still add that lovely novel cute factor.

Opening these up on Christmas morning I knew they wouldn't last long; Hotel Chocolat's pralines are one of my weaknesses..they're absolutely ideal; sweet, but not overly so, with a gorgeously deep rich smooth nutty texture/flavour. However these went even quicker than I expected when I was forced to eat them due to a disastrous Christmas dinner escapade which meant that I needed to eat something to keep me going until the turkey was served!

Hotel Chocolat Pigs in Blankets

Inside, I found, 3 milk chocolate pigs and 2 white chocolate pigs - each individually wrapped in their own foil packaging. I almost felt too cruel biting into one of these little piggies..they are so cute..and have that wonderful novelty factor that really appeals to me. It was hard just to have a couple of these little beauties and I ended up wolfing down the whole packet...hey..it was Christmas!


Hotel Chocolat Pigs in Blankets

The smooth luxurious texture and the rich praline flavours had me wishing there were more than 5 little piggies in this packet!...I may even have to go out and pick up some more of these in the sales they were that good!


Taste - 8.9/10 - As usual Hotel Chocolat's praline was superb. Rich, nutty and not overly sweet.
Texture - 8.9/10 - Divine, melt in the mouth, thick, sumptuous, hazelnut praline.
Appearance - 8.7/10 - You all know I'm a sucker for novelty and these look brilliant both in terms of packaging and actual chocolate!
Price - 8.2/10 - I think these are now priced at around £3.50 in the Hotel Chocolat 50% sale.
Overall - 8.7/10 - A delicious festive treat.
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?These are great to pick up in the sales either as a late Christmas present for a lucky kid..or for yourself!

WHERE TO BUY?
You'll be able to pick these up from a Hotel Chocolat near you and make sure to check out the sale here.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! What a fun product to review! :-)

    ReplyDelete