Monday, 14 January 2013

Chco Speculoos Chocbar

I've said quite a few times about how much I love popping into TKMaxx; they often have a wide range of different types of chocolates that you normally wouldn't find in your standard shop. Just before Christmas I popped in and saw these square bars of Chco just begging me to buy them and try them out.

Chco Speculoos Chocbar

On greater inspection I found out that Chco is a chocolate company from The Netherlands, they produce a wide range of bars, chocolate spreads and hot chocolate stir in spoons in a variety of flavours.

The bars are made with Valrhona chocolate but then are flavoured/have mix ins incorporated accordingly depending on what flavour the bar is. One of the flavours that I picked up was this Speculoos bar - for those of you that don't know Speculoos is a type of shortbread biscuit; often spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger etc. This flavour is then mixed with a base of Valrhona white chocolate. Yum!

I absolutely adore Valrhona's white chocolate to start with; its creamy & milky with a wonderful strong vanilla flavour; Chco's take on it, with the added spices provide a wonderful warming contrast that when melted in the mouth produce a delightful flavour; ideal for this cold blustery weather!

Chco Speculoos Chocbar

One thing I did notice is that this chocolate bar is pretty sweet; thankfully it's not overly so but be warned, you could probably only eat a small bit at a time..unless you're on a major sugar kick! The melt of the bar is something else I picked up on; like most of Valrhona's chocolates the melt is really good - thick, smooth and sumptuous; whilst the bar is set in a good thick design with nice chunks easy to break off.


Chco Speculoos Chocbar

I thoroughly enjoyed this bar; it was something a bit different to try and I look forward to trying a couple other of Chco's bars.


Taste - 7.9/10 - Creamy delicious Valrhona white chocolate with warming Speculoos biscuit & spice notes.
Texture - 8.3/10- Great creamy melt.
Appearance - 6.6/10 - Doesn't look anything particular special but a good size bar that is easy to break up.
Price - 7.1/10 - I picked this up for £1.99 at TKMaxx which I don't think is too bad.
Overall - 7.5/10 - A nice change to your standard chocolate bar.
_______________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone who would like to try something a bit different and has a bit of a sweet tooth would enjoy this.

WHERE TO BUY?I picked mine up from TKMaxx but you can also have a look at Chco's website.

4 comments:

  1. I have one of these waiting for me in the cupboard, also bought from Tk Maxx :) They were all reduced to a pound after xmas so i thought it rude not to. I'm glad to hear it tastes good! Did you try any of the other flavours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab - I love Speculoos biscuits so this bar really appeals to me. My TKMaxx never has anything like this :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My TKMaxx never has anything like this either, usually just a pile of clothes thrown on the floor lol. It's a very pretty looking bar, nice and chunky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Speculoos biscuits and I love chocolate so this definitely a winning flavour combination for me! Must keep an eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete