Monday, 21 January 2013

Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Cream

Recently in the UK we have been graced with a new Kit Kat Chunky Choose Your Champion competition..but would you believe it I havent been able to find a single one near me! Its not like I live out in the sticks either; come on Nestle! Nevertheless a while back thanks to a friend spotting this Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut at a local foreign newsagents I got the chance to try it before it graced the UK shelves - I figured now would be the appropriate time to pop up a review!

Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Cream

Lets just say if the British made version is anything to go by then this bar is definitely a winner! Yum!


Complete in green foil wrapping and separated into 3 substantial chunks this Kit Kat Chunky is comprised of the usual wafer, thick chocolate and a light nutty hazelnut cream - perfect for my praline nutty loving self!

Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Cream

The chocolate was thick and substantial, the wafer crisp and fresh but it was the hazelnut cream that made this bar - smooth and luxurious with a wonderful hazelnut flavour, it wasnt too sweet and possessed more of a deep nutty flavour compared to the likes of Kinder Bueno etc. It reminded me of a slightly lower class praline; which is pretty good considering this is just your run of the mill commercial chocolate bar.


Compared to the other Kit Kat Chunkys I have tried, I would definitely say that this is the nicest so far, I'd even go so far to say that it was nicer than the Peanut Butter variety - in my opinion anyway, and thats certainly saying something!

Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Cream

All I need to do now is get my hands on the British version out at the minute and see whether its just as good!


Taste - 8.9/10 - Usual chocolate + wafer but the hazelnut cream makes it, sweet and nutty!
Texture - 8.6/10 - Good crisp fresh wafer, thick chocolate whilst the hazelnut cream provided a lovely creamy contrast.
Appearance - 6.9/10 - Your standard run of the mill Kit Kat in terms of appearance.
Price - 8.6/10 - This bar costs around 60p; bargain if you ask me!
Overall - 8.3/10 - A great addition to the Kit Kat Chunky range - lets hope its a winner!
_____________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Anyone whos a fan of pralines/anything nutty will adore this!

WHERE TO BUY?Well apparently you should be able to pick this up at most stores due to the Kit Kat Chunky Choose Your Champion competition thats running at the minute..although this doesn't seem to be the case near me!

3 comments:

  1. Even though I can't eat them, Kit-Kats are my favorite candy bar ever!

    That looks like a really interesting flavor. Glad you were able to get your hands on one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, being coeliac doesn't bother me at all - then I see something like this and curse it....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah there's actually a difference between the hazelnut cream you tried and the hazelnut chunky being promoted in the UK Choose your champion the cream is far nicer...

    ReplyDelete