Thursday, 7 February 2013

Cadbury's Egg n Spoon Vanilla

Sometimes it is definitely necessary to indulge in some commercial chocolate; especially as it gets closer to Easter I find myself craving some of the sweeter sugary chocolate eggs that the likes of Cadburys, Mars & Nestle bring out.  However I quite often get bored of the same old thing; the same format egg containing the same usual extras - I am really pleased this year to see that Cadbury's have brought something new to the market. The Egg n Spoon!

Cadburys Vanilla Egg n Spoon

Ok, so maybe these are exactly the same as the Milka Lil Scoops that are sold around Europe and another product that Kraft have just taken from Milka and reinvented with Cadbury's; however it's better than nothing I guess!

Cadburys Vanilla Egg n Spoon

These Egg n Spoons come in packs containing 4 chocolate eggs filled with either a creamy vanilla or chocolate mousse complete with 2 little spoons. The way in which you are meant to eat them is quite different to the usual "smash your egg up and eat it out of a bowl" but instead are meant to be savoured and had more as a dessert experience at home - in which you :

1) Bite the top off
2) Spoon the creamy mousse out of the centre
3) Eat the rest of the chocolate egg

It is the vanilla variety that I am reviewing today and safe to say these did not disappoint - in fact I thoroughly enjoyed them. I know I can be slightly partial to chocolate snobbery at times; but there is certainly a time and a place where I love tucking into a bit of sweet Cadburys chocolate.

Cadburys Vanilla Egg n Spoon

The vanilla mousse is quite dense and creamy like a really thick whipped cream; it reminded me of the filling of Kinder Maxi bars; albeit just a bit lighter and more "spoon able". It is quite sweet, but not overly so and thankfully there was no burning sensation had by these.

The milk chocolate that actually covers the mousse is pretty thin and I don't think it is your standard Dairy Milk chocolate - it tasted like the cheaper sweeter variety used in molding chocolates. Nevertheless it is still tasty and if you're looking for something sweet, satisfying and a bit different this Easter to your standard Creme Egg then I'd definitely give these a go.

Cadburys Vanilla Egg n Spoon


Taste - 8.5/10 - I really enjoyed this Vanilla variety; it hit the spot perfectly - just a nice amount of sweetness.
Texture - 8.2/10 - Ok so it may not be your high standard ganache or truffle filling but the mousse was creamy enough for me!
Appearance - 7.8/10 - These look really pretty and come complete with 2 neatly sized spoons.
Price - 6.6/10 - I got these on offer for £2 however their regular price is going to be £4..I can't justify £4 for these but would definitely pick them up if they were on offer.
Overall - 7.8/10 - A nice new addition to the UK Easter range.
____________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?These are a fun novelty for all the family and are great for sharing out.

WHERE TO BUY?You can pick these up from most major supermarkets + retailers.

4 comments:

  1. I saw an advert for these last night and will be on the lookout for them ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! let me know what you think if you try them!

      Delete
  2. I was a fan of these too- I had feared the centre part would be the same as Cadbury used in their Dairy Milk Bliss bar, but the vanilla flavour was much nicer here.

    As you mention, the full price cost of these is pretty mental. At £3.50-£4, you're paying the best part of £1 an egg and they aren't even close to being worth that.

    Cool product for sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these little eggs! I've not tried the chocolate filled version yet though but I hear they are really nice too.

    I agree on the price, they are very expensive for what they are and I just don't get why there is only 2 spoons!

    ReplyDelete