Friday, 1 March 2013

3 Musketeers Coconut Bar

3 Musketeers is the U.S. version of Milky Way..and their Milky Way is their version of our Mars..and well, they don't do Mars bars...confusing or what?!

Luckily the new folks at Yankee Pop, an online American import store can help you out with all your American goodie desires, set up only recently they offer a whole range of American chocolates, candy and other delights for you to get your teeth into.

3 Musketeers Coconu

The 3 Musketeers Coconut Bar is just one of many products they offer and I couldn't wait to try it out - to me Milky Way has a touch of nostalgia towards it; it was always what my Mum used to buy me after I had my swimming classes when I was a child and whenever I bite into one it always  brings these memories flooding back. I was looking forward to seeing not only how the American counter part faired up; but also what they brought to the table in terms of the coconut flavour.

When my bar arrived in the post, I was worried it had snapped in half, but opening it up it was clear that the bar was 2 separate style chunks, coated in a milk chocolate covering and instead of the usual light creamy vanilla centre that is often seen in Milky Way instead it was a chocolate coconut whipped nougat centre.

3 Musketeers Coconu

The flavour clearly states artificial but it wasn't overly so; I mean you can tell it's not fresh but it wasn't a horrific tang and had more of a subtle flavour to it. This definitely isn't like a Bounty, there's no pieces of coconut scattered throughout the bar and the whipped soft texture was a lot better than the drying feel that a Bounty brings.

3 Musketeers Coconu

It is quite sweet; it's obviously not a high range chocolate bar but if you're looking for something sweet and a bit different and you want to try out some American chocolate then sure give it a go.
I probably wouldn't go rushing out to buy one but it's certainly worth a try.

Taste - 5.7/10 - Sweet, light coconut flavour, nothing amazing but still tasty enough.
Texture - 6.5/10 - Light whipped centre.
Appearance - 6.9/10 - The packaging is nice to look at and gives good detailed information in terms of nutritionals etc.
Price - 7.2/10 - This is only £1.09 from the Yankee Pop website; definitely not too expensive to give it a go!
Overall - 6.6/10 - Would probably satisfy that chocolate craving and suitable for the masses.
_______________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Anyone looking to try some American chocolate/something a bit different.

WHERE TO BUY?You can pick this up from Yankee Pop's website.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo exciting, I just bought one of these today, I can't wait to try it as I am a coconut addict!

    ReplyDelete