Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Maltesers Teasers Bar

It seems like its been ages since I've constantly been saying how much I would love it if Maltesers did a bar format - whenever we purchase Celebrations at Christmas the Malteser is always the first one to go; even more so now that the Galaxy Truffle has been removed.
There's just something so delicious about it; that I often say that I think I even prefer it to regular Maltesers.

Maltesers Teaser Bar

You can imagine my delight then, when I was contacted by Mars to review their new Malteser Teasers bar..a bubbly shaped bar; much like the shape of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly/Aero albeit made with the usual sweet creamy Mars chocolate and studded with honeycomb pieces.


Maltesers Teaser Bar

The proportion of chocolate to honeycomb is obviously greater unlike in a regular Malteser where the honeycomb dominates; this makes the chocolate experience very satisfying yet still so moreish..the best thing about this as well is that the single serve bar splits into a good 10 pieces; so unlike in Celebrations where you may be left with only 1 or 2 Malteser sweets once the whole family have dug in, you have the satisfaction of a whole bar here.


Maltesers Teaser Bar

However this bar isn't only going to be launched in single size format but also a family sharing size bar meaning its great to share between the family, much like a box of Maltesers.

I definitely have my occasions for wanting certain types of chocolates; there's nights where I want up market boxed chocolates, good quality dark or just yummy standard basic sweet sugary chocolate..and when I crave this I would most certainly reach for a bar of Maltesers Teasers.

Maltesers Teaser Bar


Although this may not be the most innovative product ever created its definitely delicious and I hope it stays around as a permanent product in Mars' range.

Taste - 8.5/10 - Sweet creamy Mars chocolate with light hint of honeycomb.
Texture - 8.8/10 - I prefer the proportion of chocolate/honeycomb in the bar format compared to the standard Malteser..I think the crunch offered is superior.
Appearance - 8.6/10 - Looks really good and breaks into pieces easily.
Price - 8.2/10 - I assume these are going to be priced around the same price as a bag of regular Maltesers, good value for something chocolatey and sweet on the go.
Overall - 8.5/10 - A winner in my eyes.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone that loves a sweet sugary treat.

WHERE TO BUY?
You can pick these up from all supermarkets/newsagents I would presume.


2 comments:

  1. I love the name of this bar! It looks fab too and I'm with you on the Maltesers chocolates always disappearing first from a tub of Celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried this - so yummy!

    Millie
    xxx

    milspiration.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete