Sunday, 7 April 2013

Damian Allsop Banana Passion Clouds

When I first saw these advertised on Damian Allsop's website I just knew I had to try them; they sounded absolutely delightful and the flavours of Banana & Passionfruit just conjured up images of sweet little tropical morsels that would quite literally have me floating away on a cloud of goodness..

Damian Allsop Banana Passion Clouds

Now I don't know about you; but to me, I thought a "Cloud" would be soft, fluffy, almost marshmallow/mousse like in texture. I was hoping for a light soft whipped texture, instead I was extremely disappointed with what I received. I probably should have read the description more closely when it explained that the fillings had been freeze dried..hence they were crunchy; but just looking at a glance the words "foam" and "cloud" had me thinking that it was going to be something completely different to what it was.


Damian Allsop Banana Passion Clouds

I guess that's probably why I didn't enjoy these hugely; its not that they were horrifically bad, I just think that if you're expecting something completely different then its a bit of an anticlimax. The texture is more like a meringue; crunchy but it has a strange sort of sticky melt.


Damian Allsop Banana Passion Clouds

Composed of a banana foam & passionfruit chips the flavours are exactly as described, really fresh & zingy tasting and you can tell that there's no artificial nasties hanging around there; however would I rush out and purchase any of these again..probably not. I prefer my chocolates soft and truffle like as oppose to crunchy and more like a "candy/sweet".


Taste - 6.3/10 - The banana & passionfruit flavour is really fresh and natural but I do think these could become a bit sickly.
Texture - 5.1/10 - Not what I was expecting at all; for me I didn't like the crunchiness of them, I think they would have been far superior if they were soft & mousse like.
Appearance - 6.6/10 - Look really pretty & well made.
Price - 5.7/10 - Priced at £4.99 they're not going to break the bank but due to being so light you aren't really getting a lot for your money.
Overall - 5.9/10 - More like "crisps" rather than "clouds".
__________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Definitely for someone a bit older; a fan of fruity chocolates and doesn't mind a bit crunch!



WHERE TO BUY?
You can pick this up from Damian Allsop's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment