Sunday, 12 May 2013

Moonstruck Ladybug Truffles

There's always that one chocolate that you just can't seem to get your hands on; I wouldn't have a problem paying shipping from the U.S. but some companies simply do not offer it..Moonstruck were one of these companies. For quite a while I'd ogled their selection online wishing I could sample their cute (and hopefully delicious) truffles.

Moonstruck Ladybug Truffles

If you've gathered by now I'm a sucker for novelty products, so if they look good and taste good they get a big thumbs up in my book. So you can imagine my delight when I was over in the States recently when I saw these cute Moonstruck truffles, despite carrying a hefty price tag of $13.00 I couldn't resist picking them up knowing I probably wouldn't get another opportunity to do so.


Moonstruck Ladybug Truffles

Containing 4 ladybug/bird truffles in orange, chocolate, raspberry & lemon they were a pretty hefty substantial size and looked pretty appealing. Oh dear, how wrong I was. There's nothing worse than when you expect something to be amazing and it's not only just average but exceptionally poor.


Moonstruck Ladybug Truffles

Taking a bite into the chocolate truffle I was met with a relatively bland sweet flavour with a truffle the texture of, well, Play-Doh (not that I've ever eaten Play-Doh) but alas what I imagine it to be like.
Extremely disappointing. I hoped that the raspberry/orange/lemon may at least bring something slightly better to the table in terms of flavour, even if their texture was utterly repulsive.

Moonstruck Ladybug Truffles


However all of them were equally as disappointing, the only one that was partially acceptable was the lemon and that was only because it offered a wonderful zingy flavour that helped to distract from how poor the chocolate was overall. Albeit it definitely wasn't worth over $3.00!

Moonstruck Ladybug Truffles

This is probably one of the biggest let downs I've encountered since I started reviewing chocolates; they may look cute but don't be fooled by the novelty as I was..they certainly don't live up to taste expectations!


Taste - 3.4/10 - Very poor, the lemon was the only one that was acceptable.
Texture - 2/10 - Probably one of the worst textured truffles I've tried, like Play-Doh.
Appearance - 8/10 - The only good part about these, they look great.
Price - 2.2/10 - Definitely not worth $3.00 a truffle!
Overall - 3.9/10
- So disappointing.

________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their money on these.

WHERE TO BUY?I picked mine up at a Wholefoods but you can have a look at Moonstruck's website.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear these sound very bad. Nothing worse than chocolates that lure you in by looking good only to let you down in the flavour department!

    ReplyDelete