Monday, 3 June 2013

American Soda Goodies

The folks at American Soda are always updating their site with new delicious goodies and the fact that they're not so easily available to just pick up on the high street always makes the anticipation of trying them even greater.

They recently sent me out a few bits n bobs for me to sample - White Chocolate Fudge Flipz, Barton's Peppermint Bark & Demet's Turtles

We'll start off with the White Chocolate Fudge Flipz, pretty much white chocolate covered pretzels. I'd heard good things about these, very good things, and after being disappointed at the dismal attempt that Cadbury's had at attempting to make chocolate covered pretzels I was hoping for better things from these.

American Soda Goodies

Let's say they definitely lived up to expectations! The pretzels are perfectly crunchy with that nice savoury/salty hint whilst the white chocolate fudge coating provides a great sweet contrast. These are great for snacking on and I can imagine they would make a great movie treat! They reminded me of something..but no matter how many I try I cannot put my finger on it!! Maybe a bit like White Chocolate Fingers? But a whole load better!


American Soda Goodies

Next up we have the Barton's Peppermint Bark. Ok, so I have a bit of a confession to make here, I am pretty much addicted to Peppermint Bark. A couple of years ago M&S brought out a tinned variety at Christmastime and that's the only time I can usually buy it. So you can imagine my delight when I received this.


American Soda Goodies

The classic dark chocolate base topped with white chocolate and crushed candy cane pieces was absolutely delicious and the bar was so thick and chunky that it felt like a satisfying treat. If only this was more widely available I think I'd be picking up a bar virtually every week ahah!


American Soda Goodies

Finally we have Demet's Turtles; these were described as "Crisp pecans encased in creamy caramel and smothered in chocolate". To be honest I'm not usually a huge fan of pecans, they're one of my least favourite nuts but on this occasion they work exceedingly well! The caramel is thick and chewy whilst the pecans add a nice crunch/nutty flavour.


American Soda Goodies

What made it even better was that the bar was nicely separated into 2 round pieces so you could even save one for later if your will power was feeling strong. Overall a really tasty treat.


American Soda Goodies

White Chocolate Fudge Flipz Overall - 8.3/10 - Really great snacking chocolate & if you want to sample some good chocolate pretzels then these are the product for you!

Barton's Peppermint Bark - 9/10 - I pretty much knew this was going to be a winner as soon as I' seen it, the peppermint/white/dark chocolate combo always works.
Demet's Turtles - 7.8/10 - Good thick caramel and thankfully not too sweet. Well balanced.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?I'd say these products would pretty much go down well with anyone, they're all delicious!


WHERE TO BUY?

You can pick these up from American Soda's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment