Saturday, 6 July 2013

Cadbury's Freddo Faces

I remember as a kid I used to love Freddos; I'd often go to the local newsagents after school and ponder over the small treat size chocolate selection - a Cadbury's chocolate Freddo would often be the winner. The caramel variety, often known as a 'Taz' but now simply a Freddo Caramel, was also regularly the subject of my affection; however since those days we haven't really seen much invention when it comes to the Freddo brand.

Cadbury's Freddo Faces

Enter new 'Freddo Faces'; again this is nothing exceptionally inventive from Cadbury's but just simply a new product to add to their every growing bagged line of chocolates; however that's not to say that I didn't enjoy them. Weighing in at 35g the bag consists of various different emotions expressed by Freddo himself; there's 'Happy', 'Grumpy','Cheeky','Confused' and 'In Love'; much like Magic Stars there is always the excitement of wish expression your chocolate will have. I can imagine these will go down a treat with kids.


Cadbury's Freddo Faces

As usual the Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate has the same flavours you are all used to; creamy, sweet, milky & everything many people have come to love. Priced at 52p for a 35g bag these aren't as good value as say, buying a standard bar of Dairy Milk chocolate; alas I do like the concept of the bagged chocolates making them an ideal treat for childrens' lunch boxes. Whilst of course the novel cute appeal of the chocolates makes them stand out from your regular bar of Dairy Milk.

Cadbury's Freddo Faces


Despite not being a particularly ground breaking new product I hope these new Freddo Faces stick around.

Taste - 7.7/10 - Standard classic Dairy Milk flavour.
Texture -7/10 - Good size portions, creamy sweet melt.
Appearance - 8.5/10 - Love the cute Freddo faces.
Price - 6/10 - Not the best value for money when it comes to amount of chocolate
Overall - 7.3/10 - A nice addition to the Freddo range.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?I can see these going down a treat with kids.

WHERE TO BUY?These will be in shops from August!

3 comments:

  1. These sound nice but if they did a caramel version I would be sold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caramel version would be a great addition! Yum!

      Delete
  2. These look good, I like all the different expressions, it's a nice idea. I'll definitely be looking out for these in August for my kids!

    ReplyDelete