Thursday, 11 July 2013

Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies n Cream Bar

It was only a couple of weeks ago that my local Sainsburys had all the Lindt Creation bars on half price, they were selling like wildfire and weren't being topped up..which only meant one thing..they were being discontinued. Did that mean there was a new product coming? Of course it did!

Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies n Cream

To my excitement next time I popped in I was greeted with the brand new Lindt Hello range, exclusive to Sainsburys, by any means this isn't "new" for Lindt per se, it is already out in various other countries..but for the UK, well its new. I picked up a few new items from the new range but today I'm reviewing the Cookies n Cream bar.


Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies n Cream

You can buy this bar in the usual larger 100g format but I opted for the smaller single serving bar at 39g, enough to eat in one sitting and allow me to judge whether I liked it or not. On opening you are immediately hit with the classic rich creamy aroma that Lindt provides, whilst the bar itself is separated into 6 evenly portioned rectangles each adorned with some sort of image/words...why there are lips and hearts on the bar I'm not too sure...is the Hello range meant to be romantic?!


Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies n Cream

Inside the bar there is a creamy truffle like centre with a good amount of crushed biscuit pieces, the usual dark Oreo style you would expect from Cookies n Cream. I must say I really did like the texture contrast, the Lindt chocolate is always silky smooth whilst the cookie pieces were unobtrusive but provided a nice crunch.


Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies n Cream

The flavour, as often the case with Lindt, was delicious; creamy, sumptuous, with just the right amount of sweetness & so moreish. All I can say is that I would have liked a bit more of a vanilla flavour in the vanilla truffle creme centre but other than that it was great - Lindt chocolate always hits the spot for me and if you're looking for a rich creamy satisfying chocolate bar then I can highly recommend it. I'll look forward to trying some of the other products from the range.


Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies n Cream
Taste - 7.2/10 - I would have liked a bit more of a stronger vanilla flavour but the Lindt chocolate was delicious as always.
Texture - 8/10 - Nice smooth truffle, silky chocolate and crunchy cookie pieces.
Appearance - 6.5/10 - I'm not sure whether I was a huge fan of the long & skinny bar, I do like how it was easy to divide however..although again I'm not sure what the decorations were about.
Price - 7.5/10 - I picked this up on introductory price at £0.59 at Sainsburys I think regularly it is going to be around the 70p mark. Not bad for a tasty treat like this.
Overall - 7.3/10 - Tasty & indulgent.
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone that likes Lindt chocolate should enjoy this bar.

WHERE TO BUY?I think in terms of retailers this is exclusive to Sainsburys but you can buy the larger bar format on Lindt's website too.

1 comment:

  1. I love how Lindt have released these in individual portions, far too tempting to eat the entire bar in one go with the 100g bars haha
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete