Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations : Cola Pretzel Honeycomb

Another day, another new review of another new Cadbury's product! I seriously cannot remember a time when Cadbury's released so many new products one after the other! The new chocolate creation is part of the Marvellous Creations brand range and consists of jelly cola bottles, round crunchy pretzel pieces and small honeycomb bits all mixed into the classic Cadbury's Dairy Milk milk chocolate.

Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Cola Pretzel Honeycomb

My first thoughts? Odd. This sounded so strange - since when were cola + chocolate a combo?!

Nevertheless I love the other Marvellous Creations bars so maybe this might not be as peculiar as it sounded and could possibly work?

Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Cola Pretzel Honeycomb

On first sight, despite my poor bar getting a bit smashed in the post, you can see that this bar certainly has a LOT of pretzel pieces in it..and really I felt they majorly dominated the bar; which is a shame really as I'm not a huge fan of pretzels. Nevertheless they do add a nice crunchy element to the bar and make it more of a "normal" chocolate bar, if you're slightly perturbed at the thought of cola.


Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Cola Pretzel Honeycomb

The cola doesn't actually play a huge part in this bar; there are the occasional pieces that contain it but after eating the whole bar in a period of a few sittings I can say that I probably only got a cola bottle bite about 6..not a lot really. Whether you see this as good or bad is entirely your opinion, some people may love loads of cola in the bar..others may be pleased that the majority is pretzel pieces. Either way the bites that did contain cola I actually really enjoyed; although it is a bit odd it kind of works..the creamy sweet chocolate & the tangy acidic cola kind of balances each other out.


Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Cola Pretzel Honeycomb

If you love the combination of pretzels + chocolate then this is the bar for you and the fact is is lower in calories, at 505kcal per 100g , than other chocolate bars just makes the prospect even better! However I think I'll save myself and stick to the other two bars in the future. My aversion to pretzels just wouldn't make me want to go out and buy this bar urgently.

Taste - 6.2/10 - Not my favourite Marvellous Creations bar and felt like it was overtaken by the pretzel pieces.
Texture - 6.3/10 - Good contrast between pretzel + chocolate  but would have liked more jelly pieces.
Appearance - 6.7/10 - Standard packaging across the Marvellous Creations range with uniquely shaped pieces.
Price - 6.2/10 - Will be priced the same as the other Marvellous Creations bar - around £2.00 depending on where you buy. I'd prefer to buy the other bars to be honest.
Overall - 6.3/10 - Not as nice as the other bars I felt.
________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?If you love pretzels! Would be good as a sharing bar for the whole family also I suppose.

WHERE TO  BUY?Any good supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment