Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Lindt Hello My Name Is Caramel Brownie

Another day, another new Lindt Bar that has been sampled. Out of all of the new Hello Lindt Range I must admit that this was the one that I was most excited about; Caramel Brownie sounded so decadent and I had visions of a rich ooey gooey caramel topping a chewy fudgy brownie and then coated all in Lindt's classic creamy chocolate.


Lindt Hello My Name Is Caramel Brownie
Lindt Hello My Name Is Caramel Brownie

I haven't seen this bar in single serving format so I opted for the 100g bar hoping that I would love it enough to quite easily polish the whole bar off within a couple of day; described as "Filled milk chocolate with caramel (13%) and brownie-crème (28%) with dark biscuit pieces (3%)" I realised that this probably wouldn't be the rich brownie experience I was hoping for...what is a brownie-creme?! Just chocolate truffle pretty much...


Lindt Hello My Name Is Caramel Brownie
Lindt Hello My Name Is Caramel Brownie

Snapping myself a few cubes off I popped one into my mouth and was instantly met with the usual delicious milky Swiss flavours of Lindt chocolate complete with a rich sweet caramel sauce and a few biscuit pieces scattered here and there for a slight texture contrast. However I have got to say that the "brownie creme" was extremely disappointing, I was expecting rich and fudgy when really all I got was a classic chocolate truffle...there's nothing particularly "brownie-ish" about this bar.


Lindt Hello My Name Is Caramel Brownie

What's even more disappointing is that this bar virtually tastes exactly the same as the Lindt Creation Luscious Caramel that this new range has over taken..so on this one it's pretty much just the same bar with a slight addition of crunchy biscuit pieces in new wrapping. Despite the bar tasting good I just feel that it didn't really live up to its name. Would I eat it if someone offered me a piece? Of course I love Lindt Chocolate, but would I go out and buy some? Definitely not.


Taste - 5.6/10 - The bar in itself tasted good don't get me wrong, but this should not be described as "brownie".
Texture - 5.7/10 - Smooth caramel and creamy melt in the mouth Lindt chocolate but no fudgy brownie pieces in sight!
Appearance - 6.4/10- Classic Lindt format, nice packaging.
Price - 6.6/10 - These are selling at £1.99 a bar, I think I'd choose something else.
Overall - 6.1/10- Very disappointing.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?I can see this as a bar you may buy now and again if you enjoy the classic Lindt chocolate but fancy something a bit different.

WHERE TO  BUY?Most supermarkets will stock this or from Lindt's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment