Friday, 9 August 2013

North Chocolates : Milk Chocolate with Orange & Geranium

It's very rare that I find new Northern chocolate companies but at a recent local food market I couldn't help but noticing their stand, known as North Chocolates they make a wide array of unusually flavoured chocolate bars + an assortment of cute moulded milk chocolate shapes for kids & big kids alike.

North Chocolates Orange & Geranium

They were sampling a few various flavours of their bar but the one that really stood out to me was their milk chocolate with orange & geranium. Orange chocolate is one that I very rarely buy; apart from the occasional Terry's Chocolate Orange around Christmastime, but this bar immediately had me wanting more!


The 32% milk chocolate is creamy, smooth & melts on the tongue beautifully whilst it has all the refreshing hints of orange and subtle floral notes of geranium that just make for a perfectly delicate chocolate bar. Eating it I couldn't decide what it reminded me of, until sharing it with a family member they exclaimed "it tastes just like Turkish Delight", it has that same sort of sweet floral nature to it; albeit its a lot better due to the underlying chocolate base and fruity orange flavour.

North Chocolates Orange & Geranium

Would I buy another bar of this? You can bet I would! I haven't found a local chocolate maker that has produced a chocolate bar I've liked as much in a long time, especially when its flavours that I wouldn't even normally choose. As of yet they don't have an online website that you can order from per se but there is a site and contact details which you can go about ordering from if you have the desire to try this bar.  I'm hoping that North Chocolates will continue to expand and catch my attention with further delicious bars!


North Chocolates Orange & Geranium
Taste - 8.5/10 - Beautiful, delicate, light, floral/fruity with a creamy milk chocolate.
Texture - 8/10 - Smooth, melts in the mouth.
Appearance - 6.5/10 - The bar itself isn't anything spectacular to look at but it is packaged nicely with a ribbon.
Price - 8.9/10 - I'd say this is an absolute bargain, I can't remember exactly but I think I paid around £2 for this. I've paid a lot more for bars that haven't been as good as this.
Overall - 8/10 - A delicious chocolate bar from a promising new company.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone that likes Turkish Delight will adore this; I definitely think it is suited more to the mature tastes as oppose to kids though.

WHERE TO BUY?Ordering is done via North Chocolate's website.

6 comments:

  1. I may have to check their website out after this review although the thought of Geraniums a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Geranium would be a bit strange as well but it just adds to the overall taste of the bar. Yum!

      Delete
  2. Phwoar!!

    That bar looks yummy even IN the lovely wrapper!!

    Great review, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these around and after reading your review think it's about time I gave them a try. It's great to have a local choccy producer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely give this bar a go. It's delicious!

      Delete