Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Cadburys Dairy Milk Pebbles

It seems that Cadburys aren't stopping anytime soon with their new product releases - especially the bagged ranges! I remember a few years back commenting that ultimately Mars/Nestle dominated the shared bag market; Cadburys barely had anything out - I think virtually the only sharing product was Cadburys Eclairs. Fast forward 10 years and the amount that is now on offer is unbelievable.

Cadburys Pebbles

The latest of the range is Cadburys Pebbles; crispy colourful candy shells surrounding Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate. I'm quite partial to the M&M now and then for snacking on so I was looking to see what Cadburys would bring to the table. Each pebble is around the size of a thumbnail and they come in a range of 3 colours : yellow, purple & brown; they're pretty flat and look a bit like a squashed version of a Mini Egg.

Cadburys Pebbles

Which is pretty much exactly what they reminded me of on tasting!! Oh thank you! Every Easter I make sure to stock up on Mini Eggs as I just love their incredibley moreish sweet/crunchy chocolate self. Pebbles are like their smaller non-seasonal cousin. Ok so they may not be as thick and satisfying as Mini Eggs but they possess that same delicious crunchy candy shell and smooth chocolate interior. I found myself quite easily wanting to eat the whole bag!


Cadburys Pebbles

Why Cadburys decided to name them Pebbles I'm not so sure? I've never found a purple pebble on the beach..its more sort of a disgusting grey colour (although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have looked particularly appetising). Either way they've definitely gone all out in their launch - even creating a castle made of Cadburys Pebbles on Brighton Beach!


pebblescastle

You can certainly imagine that a lot of work went into that..lets hope a strong gust of wind doesn't blow all of the Pebbles off!


WC2A6324 - Copy cropped

If you love your crispy candy chocolates like M&Ms, Mini Eggs + Smarties then I can safely say that this product is going to be a safe bet for you & one that I won't be hesitating to purchase in the future until Easter comes round again!

Taste - 7.5/10 - Usual sweet creamy Cadburys chocolate.
Texture - 8.5/10 - I love the contrast of the crunchy shell + chocolate filling.
Appearance - 6.5/10 - Average, there could have been a few more colours.
Price - 7.3/10 - Priced in line with Cadburys other sharing bags.
Overall - 7.4/10
- A non-seasonal alternative to Mini Eggs.
________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Anyone that enjoys the crispy candy shell chocolate combo.

WHERE TO BUY?All major supermarkets + shops.

1 comment: