Friday, 20 September 2013

Hotel Chocolat Salted Peanut & Caramel

Whenever Hotel Chocolat launches a new range I immediately get excited; I always love to see what new inventive and delicious products they bring out with every seasonal change. This year they haven't gone as overboard on the whole Autumn collection in comparison to last year's Squirrel Stash range - however there are still a few delicious looking seasonal delights to tempt you!

Hotel Chocolat Salted Peanut & Caramel Selector

This Salted Peanut & Caramel selector immediately caught my eye; I adore Hotel Chocolat's caramel chocolate & the fact that it was studded with masses of salted peanuts could only be a good thing! To stop this bar becoming too sweet half of the bar is also Hotel Chocolat's 40% classic milk chocolate - which usually on its own tastes quite sweet but when placed next to the sweeter caramel chocolate actually offers a darker more intense profile.


Hotel Chocolat Salted Peanut & Caramel Selector

Firstly I must praise Hotel Chocolat when I say there certainly wasn't no skimping on peanuts here! I hate it when you buy a chocolate bar when one of the main components featured in the title is barely present in the actual bar!


The flavour combinations are delightful; as usual the creamy, sweet caramel chocolate and the luxurious deeper 40% milk chocolate of Hotel Chocolat's range live up to high expectations and standards. The peanuts are utterly delicious though; offering not only a great texture contrast in the form of a wonderful crunch but also a lovely salty tang that is carried throughout.

Hotel Chocolat Salted Peanut & Caramel Selector


I know that Hotel Chocolat change their Selector ranges around a lot, but I can only hope that this one might stick around for a bit longer!

Taste - 8.8/10 - Delicious, the chocolate is impeccable as always and the peanuts are a wonderful addition.
Texture - 9/10 - The chocolate is smooth, thick & substantial whilst the peanuts offer a great crunch.
Appearance - 7/10 - You can't say they skimped on peanuts!
Price - 8.2/10 - Priced at £3.75 in line with their other Selectors.
Overall - 8.3/10 - Yum!
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?I can imagine that anyone who enjoys nuttier chocolates is going to love this.

WHERE TO BUY?

You'll be able to pick this up from all Hotel Chocolat stores or online at the website here.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds fantastic, I'll definitely be looking out for this next time I'm at HC! I wish they would do a purely peanut butter bar though...I don't think they have done one yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I know I wish they would do something with PB too! I don't think they've even made a filled peanut butter chocolate before; I've only ever had a peanut praline from them.

      Delete