Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Boyer Butterscotch Smoothie Peanut Butter Cups

It's pretty much common knowledge in my household that I love peanut butter; especially chocolate & peanut butter! I remember when the prospect of Reese's actually being readily available in the UK evoked such feelings of happiness and joy, now you can purchase them virtually everywhere.

Boyer Butterscotch Smoothie Peanut Butter Cups

So it came as no surprise that I got given these Boyer Butterscotch Smoothie Peanut Butter Cups; pretty much like a regular peanut butter cup apart from these have a crunchy peanut filling and are coated with a butterscotch chocolate....why they were called 'Smoothie' I have no idea as I'm sure I got numerous crunchy peanut pieces!


Looking at the ingredients list first off it isn't particularly a pleasant sight - hydrogenated oils and ingredients so incomprehensible they made my head spin. However I wasn't expecting this to really be "pure" chocolate - firstly it's an American commercial brand, what can you expect? Secondly it's a sweet, creamy, peanut butter cup. Therefore if you come to accept it for what it is you can pass it off as a treat and come to discover how surprisingly tasty it is.

Boyer Butterscotch Smoothie Peanut Butter Cups

I was expecting, after reading the rather perturbing ingredients list, for this to taste, cheap, sweet & be like eating a block of lard. In fact this was actually really good! The peanut butter centre is smooth, sweet and nutty with the addition of crunchy peanut pieces making it that tiny bit better! The butterscotch chocolate coating is much like you would expect from a Caramac; in fact it tastes pretty much just like a Caramac! Whether you could call it chocolate is questionable...


Boyer Butterscotch Smoothie Peanut Butter Cups

Okay, so this may not be your finest quality Artisan chocolate, but you know what, it tastes pretty darn good! I have chocolate for various  moods; sometimes I want a deep, complex dark chocolate bar to work my way through, other times I'm perfectly happy with something that could pass off as "candy". These peanut butter cups are ideal for the latter.


Taste - 7.8/10 - Like eating a peanut butter Caramac.
Texture - 7.5/10 - Good crunchy peanut centre.
Appearance - 6.3/10 - Don't look anything amazing and the ingredients list is slightly off putting.
Price - 7/10 - £1.36 for a pack at Cyber Candy.
Overall - 7.1/10 - A nice treat for when you have a craving for something sweet.
_______________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?When you want something not too expensive and great for peanut butter lovers.

WHERE TO BUY?
I believe the person who got me this bought it from Cyber Candy.

1 comment:

  1. Peanut Butter Caramac...now that sounds like an amazing combination! If I find any of these I'm definitely gonna give them a try!

    ReplyDelete