Monday, 21 October 2013

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Daim Bar

A lot of you may remember Milka Daim bar that now seems to have disappeared from many a supermarket shelf to be replaced with this new Cadbury's version. We've had Cadbury with Oreo so it was only a matter of time until Cadbury's paired up with another Mondalez brand.

Daim bars are a funny one, I do quite like them, but I'd never specifically go out to purchase one, for me they remind me of Dairylea Lunchables that I used to have as a child, where as part of the dessert you got a few little pieces of Daim.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Daim Bar

The bar comes in a 120g format and on opening you are immediately hit with the usual sweet, milky, chocolate aroma that Cadbury's chocolate provides. On breaking the bar into pieces you can see a few Daim pieces, there is the odd fleck here and there, but they don't stand out massively.


Cadbury's Dairy Milk Daim Bar


Popping a piece into your mouth the Daim pieces certainly come through in terms of texture, adding a nice crunch to the bar. However I found that in terms of flavour the combination of the sweet toffee almond Daim pieces + the Cadbury's Dairy Milk (which seems to have gotten sweeter recently) was just a bit too overpoweringly cloying for me.


If you've got a big sweet tooth you'll love this, and I'm sure many people will. However much like a regular Daim bar I don't think I would go out and purchase this; I'd prefer to stick to one of Cadbury's other bars.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Daim Bar

Taste - 5.9/10
- The overwhelming flavour of this bar is classic Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate, but a lot sweeter, with slight toffee hints from the Daim bar.

Texture - 6.5/10 - Crunchy toffee pieces flecked throughout.
Appearance - 6.5/10 - Standard chocolate bar really.
Price - 7.2/10 - This bar is priced alongside Cadbury's other bars; I'm sure it will be on special for a £1 in many places.
Overall - 6.5/10 - Approach if you have a massive sweet tooth!
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Anyone who likes their chocolate really sweet!

WHERE TO BUY?Most major retailers will stock this,

1 comment:

  1. This bar contains calf rennet and is not suitable for vegetarians!

    ReplyDelete