Friday, 15 November 2013

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland

As a child Cadbury's Dream bar used to be one of my favourite chocolates to tuck into; back when I had a major sweet tooth I used to love buying the large thick blocks of it to tuck into with my family; however now these are hard to come buy and (rarely) you can only find the thinner, flimsy Dream bars, in fact it seems that on the white chocolate front Cadbury's don't offer all that much.

Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland

I was pleasantly surprised then when I found out that Cadbury's had launched a white/milk chocolate Winter Wonderland bar to celebrate the festive season. Instead of the standard cube format this bar is divided into blocks of Christmas trees, you can have great fun snapping various different shapes off and this is definitely great for sharing (if you're feeling kind).


Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland


However I was slightly disappointed when I snapped a piece of; I was expecting that the white treet would be solid white chocolate, as suggested on the packaging,  instead they are simply the classic Cadbury's Dairy Milk milk chocolate coated with a thin layer of white chocolate.


Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland

There is a slightly sweeter, creamy white chocolate flavour to these trees, but nothing major.

The Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate is just the same as other bar you will find; although along with others I felt that this seemed a lot sweeter than it has been in the past!

This bar is still a great thing to have in the cupboard over Christmas, especially if you're a sucker for limited edition/novelty products like me and I'm sure it would look great put out on a buffet in little tree chocolate shapes. If Cadbury's make this product next year though I would love to see the incorporation of SOLID white chocolate trees - personally I think this would take this bar to the next level.

Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland

Taste - 6.5/10 - Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate ultimately, I did think it tasted a bit sweeter though.
Texture - 7/10 - Creamy, smooth, perfect eaten with a warm cup of tea.
Appearance - 7.1/10 - Looks really festive!
Price - 7/10 - This is priced at £1 when on special offer, not bad value and accessible for everyone!
Overall - 6.9/10 - A nice simple festive offering.
_______________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Great to have in for the family over Christmas.

WHERE TO BUY?All major supermarkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment