Friday, 29 November 2013

Cadbury's Freddo Popping Candy

Cadbury's seem to have been going for a knitted theme this Christmas; many of their products are adorned with a wintery looking knit pattern; in this case Freddo the frog himself!

Cadburys Freddo Popping Candy

I was always quite partial to a Freddo as a child; or a Taz (the caramel filled version) for that matter; however nowadays its not really the type of treat I would pick up when I fancied some chocolate, if I wanted something commercial and sweet I'd go for something much bigger and satisfying..especially since Freddos have shrunk significantly since I was a kid!

Nevertheless I do think they make great stocking fillers + advent calendar treats; the festive take on them this year is that they are filled with popping candy...there seems to be a bit of a craze going on with popping candy at the moment. I don't really understand why Cadburys have decided to opt for this..I think they could have been way more inventive with this, for example a peppermint version! Oh well we can only dream!

Cadburys Freddo Popping Candy

All of that to one side what is this Freddo Popping Candy actually like? It's pleasantly nice; a small sweet chocolate treat, the Cadburys chocolate is creamy and sweet and the popping candy gives it that extra mouth feel (I'm not really a massive lover or hater of popping candy so I was pretty much indifferent to the addition).

Cadburys Freddo Popping Candy

If you tried a Cadbury's Crunchy Spider over Halloween this is pretty much exactly what this Freddo tastes like, without the green crispy rice bits. I think these would be absolutely great for kids over Christmas, especially in terms of portion control when things can get a tad excessive!!

Taste - 7.5/10 - Classic creamy, sweet Cadbury's chocolate.
Texture - 7/10 - Smooth and melt in the mouth; the popping candy doesn't do anything for me eithe way though.
Appearance - 8/10 - Cute and great dinky stocking filler size.
Price - 6.4/10 - 45p for 18g chocolate is quite expensive...Freddos used to be 10p! I suppose for a Christmas treat though and the price makes it accessible for everyone.
Overall - 7.2/10 - A cute festive treat.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?A great festive stocking filler for kids.

WHERE TO BUY?
All major supermarkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment