Monday, 6 January 2014

Harry & David Moose Munch Milk Chocolate Bar

I've had a bit of a mixed bag of results from sampling various "commercial" style chocolate bars from the U.S; some I absolutely love and wonder why on earth they haven't been brought to the UK in ship loads..others I think they'd be better off sent off to Mars!

Harry & David Moose Munch Milk Chocolate Bar

This Moose Munch milk chocolate bar, I hoped, would be the former. It sounded promising - "a fudgy chocolate centre with a blend of nuts and popcorn coated in milk chocolate"..what's not to like?! I mean the moose on the front looked pretty happy about things...I hoped my face would replicate his by the time I had finished this bar.

Opening it up and cutting it in half I was a tad disappointed, I expected it to be jam packed full of delicious nuts, popcorn and fudge..unfortunately I was met with something that just looked like a bit of a thicker chocolate and a piece or two of popcorn/nuts.

Harry & David Moose Munch Milk Chocolate Bar

The centre...well to say it was fudge...there was nothing remotely fudgy about this!! More like a truffle and not a particularly good one at that; it was sweet, chocolatey and that's about it. The nuts and popcorn make a slight appearance here and there but they are by no means stars of this bar.

This isn't a bar I'd buy again, the quality wasn't great and the difference  between the description and the actual offering meant it was a major anti-climax. Sorry Mr Moose!

Harry & David Moose Munch Milk Chocolate Bar

Taste - 5.2/10 - Sweet, light chocolate. Nothing spectacular. Certainly no fudge flavour.
Texture - 3/10 - I was expecting rich chewy fudgy dotted with crunchy nuts and popcorn..this is nothing of the sort.
Appearance - 5.1/10 - Outer Moose is pretty cute, inner Moose bar..not so much.
Price - 4.2/10 - At £2.79 a bar there's better things you could get.
Overall - 4.4/10 - A sad Moose.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Would probably be good for kids as something a bit different.

WHERE TO BUY?I picked mine up from Cyber Candy here...I think they've changed the recipe a bit now, so you never know it may be a bit better!

No comments:

Post a Comment