Sunday, 9 February 2014

Lindt Lindor Strawberries & Cream

I waited with much anticipation to hear what the new Lindor flavour was going to be a few weeks ago; it was safe to say that as soon as I found them they would be getting bought. I searched high and low and eventually found some lurking in the Valentine's Day section part of Sainsburys, on special offer for £3. Straight into the basket they went.

Lindt Lindor Strawberries & Cream

Consisting of white chocolate studded with strawberry pieces and then filled with a creamy white chocolate & strawberry centre I decided that these could probably go either way - they could be absolute heaven, a delicious little morsel, or they could be extremely sickly and cloying. Thankfully they were the former.


Lindt Lindor Strawberries & Cream

The ultimate way to eat Lindor is to just pop it in your mouth and let it fully melt to experience that indulgent soft centre. These are sweet, there's no getting away from that, but what do you expect with white chocolate? However they are most definitely not cloying, the strawberry flavour doesn't taste horrifically artificial and overall they are an absolute delight to eat.


Lindt Lindor Strawberries & Cream

After finishing one I wracked my brain...these reminded me of something that I just couldn't quite put my finger on, then it came to me. These are like a much higher quality version of pink strawberry white chocolate mice, you know, the ones you get in pick 'n' mix. So if you're a fan of these then you're definitely going to enjoy this new flavour of Lindor.


I'd put these up with one of the best flavours of Lindor out there at the moment; obviously to enjoy them you will need a sweet tooth with this being white chocolate but I can see these going down an absolute treat either to enjoy by yourself or as a nice little gift for Valentine's Day. I'm sure I'll be buying these again!

Lindt Lindor Strawberries & Cream

Taste - 7.4/10
-A lot better than I expected; not too sweet with a nice light fruity flavour.

Texture - 8.3/10  The classic smooth melting texture of Lindor,heaven.
Appearance - 8/10 - Very pretty, wrapped in pink metallic foil.
Price - 7.5/10 - Priced in line with the other Lindor cornets I'd definitely go for these whilst they're on special offer for £3 at Sainsburys.
Overall - 7.8/10 - Delicious!
_______________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone that enjoys strawberry white mice will adore these!

WHERE TO BUY?
You should be able to pick these up at most supermarkets but if you can't find them there you're able to buy them online from the Lindt website here.


1 comment:

  1. Quite surprised, expected them to be really sickly?
    I haven't tried them... but I may have to!

    ReplyDelete