Sunday, 9 March 2014

Cadbury's Egg n Spoon Chocolate

Now that Valentine's Day is well and truly out of the way with all of the Easter chocolates have taken centre stage in stores. So far there doesn't seem to be an influx of particularly "new products" but last year although trying the vanilla mousse filled Cadbury's Egg n Spoon, I never actually got chance to try the milk chocolate version.

Cadbury's Egg n Spoon Chocolate

You can imagine my delight then when a surprise package arrived at my front door from Cadbury's - an Easter basket filled with two boxes of Egg n Spoon and an array of craft making materials to have a go at making Easter baskets with the Egg n Spoon boxes. A lovely idea; however my attempts at making the Easter baskets will not be portrayed on this chocolate reviewing blog...I do not feel they would be a good advertisement to Cadburys brand...chocolate reviewer I am...Art Attack I am not haha!

You can check out my review of the Vanilla Egg n Spoon from last year here..but for now we will focus on the un-reviewed chocolate variety.

Cadbury's Egg n Spoon Chocolate

Having a similar format to the vanilla variety the chocolate filled Egg n Spoon comes in a purple cardboard "egg box"; complete with 4 foil wrapped chocolate eggs and 2 purple plastic spoons to eat them with.

Unwrapping the foil wrapper you are met with a thin chocolate egg shell in which you can quite easily bite the top off to unveil the chocolate mousse centre which can then be eaten with your plastic spoon...or if you prefer you can nibble away at the mousse + chocolate together! Although I do warn you; with the chocolate egg shell being quite thin this chocolate does melt quickly!!

Cadbury's Egg n Spoon Chocolate

So what does it taste like? Well firstly, I don't think I enjoyed this flavour as much as the vanilla variety, the chocolate mousse filling didn't taste particularly "chocolately" it had more of a light chocolate mousse flavour. Whilst the chocolate used here is obviously Cadbury's cheaper blend as oppose to Dairy Milk; nevertheless they still are enjoyable and if bought some for Easter I would quite happily tuck into them. However given the choice I would most definitely opt for the vanilla.

Cadbury's Egg n Spoon Chocolate

Taste - 6.4/10
- Not as creamy as the vanilla and more of a "light, sweet" chocolate flavour.
Texture - 6/10 - The mousse also didn't seem as "fluffy" and the chocolate shell is quite thin so beware of melting!
Appearance - 7.8/10 - A nice format.
Price - 7/10 - These are in special offer all over the place at the moment; I think the cheapest I've seen them for is £2.00, which I think is reasonable value.
Overall -6.8/10 - Would be good to pop out for an Easter Egg hunt or have a go at making some Easter baskets with them!

____________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
These are a fun novelty for all the family and are great for sharing out.

WHERE TO BUY?You can pick these up from most major supermarkets + retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment