Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Canton Tea Company - Canton Chocolate Tea

I was recently approached to sample some chocolate tea; I've seen chocolate tea floating around some department stores before but I've never really had a massive urge to try it before; I prefer to stick to my green tea normally and just eat my chocolate. However I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity, so agreed.

Canton Chocolate Tea


The tea came in a beautiful box and consisted of 50g loose leaf tea, a combination between two black teas -  Indian Assam and Chinese Yunnan, along with Madagascan vanilla pods and Peruvian cocoa nibs. I've tried Assam tea before and I must say I am a huge fan so I had high hopes for this product; I don't own a tea strainer so I popped some in a cafetiere, 3 tsp, and waited the allotted time, 2 minutes, for it to infuse.

Canton Chocolate Tea

I, appropriately, poured myself a cup into my chocolate mug and decided that I would just drink it black, no milk, no sweeteners, to purely enjoy the flavour the tea had to offer. Great idea. This tea is delicious and it does have a lovely chocolate flavour! Okay, so it's not the same as eating a bar of chocolate but it's gorgeously sweet, with lovely vanilla caramel notes and a lovely richness from the black teas and cocoa nibs.

Canton Chocolate Tea

I was going to try some of this with milk but I really didn't want to ruin the pure flavour of it. This is such a lovely treat for yourself and with zero calories!! Utterly indulgent! I couldn't drink this as my regular 'brew'; I think it would get a bit sickly after a while - but then I wouldn't have a bar of chocolate as a snack every single day.

Canton Chocolate Tea

It's high quality, presented beautifully and tastes great. A great alternative when you have a sweet craving; perfect if you love trying different tea blends and are a fellow chocolate lover!

Canton Chocolate Tea

Taste - 8.3/10 - Gorgeously rich and indulgent.
Texture - NA/10
Appearance - 7.4/10 - Beautifully presented
Price - 7.2/10 - £8.00 for 50g sounds quite a lot but realistically you're going to get a fair few cups out of it and well it's not just your bog standard black tea really.
Overall - 7.6/10 - A great alternative luxury tea.
_______________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
If you love chocolate and love a cup of tea then this is for you!

WHERE TO BUY?
You can buy it online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment