Thursday, 1 May 2014

Dairy Milk Marvellous Mix Ups with Maynards

So you may have seen a few days ago we posted up the first review of one of the new Cadbury's Marvellous Mix Ups - with Oreos. This one features the other new release - with Maynards, including Fudge Dreams, Cadbury's Dairy Milk Nibbles pieces and Maynard fruit gums. I was trying to figure out what product exactly contained Fudge Dreams...they're not like a regular Fudge bar as they are not only a lot thicker and cut into chunks but also are drizzled with white chocolate. After a little deliberation I realised they were the Fudge Dreams from Cadbury's Roses. Yum.

Dairy Milk Mavellous Mix Ups with Maynards

It's peculiar, I'm not particularly fond of fruit gums/sweets on their own, but I found that in the combination of chocolate, as in the Marvellous Creations Jelly & Popping Candy bar, I loved them! Therefore I was hoping that this was going to be a great combo! I don't know how other people eat bags like these, whether they enjoy each piece individually...but I like to mix things up a bit and try a few different bits together to get alternative flavours.

Dairy Milk Mavellous Mix Ups with Maynards

I also found this sharing bag to be another great new product! If I had to choose between this and the Oreo bag, I would probably choose the latter; however my family all opted for this bag so I guess it's just down to personal preferences.

The fudge dreams are deliciously sweet and rich, the Caramel Nibbles are tasty also; however I prefer my Dairy Milk Caramel in bar format, the Maynards fruit gums added a gorgeous fruity contrast and provided some refreshment within the bag. I liked how they were relatively small fruit gums and not big gigantic pieces within the bag; as I feel this worked better with the already large fudge and medium-ish Nibbles pieces.

Dairy Milk Mavellous Mix Ups with Maynards

I'd definitely buy these again; I guess it would probably just depend what mood I was in - if I wanted something more refreshing and more like a "pick n mix" style treat I would go for these, as oppose to the more "chocolatey" Oreo offering.

Dairy Milk Mavellous Mix Ups with Maynards

Taste - 8.3/10 - A fruitier alternative; I think the Fudge Dreams were probably my favourite piece.
Texture - 8.1/10 - Lovely chewy sweets, soft fudge and smooth caramel pieces.
Appearance - 8.2/10 - All looks delicious, good variation in sizes.
Price - 7.7/10 - These will be priced in line with other Cadbury's sharing bags. I think I'd choose these over other offerings.
Overall - 8/10 - Another great new product.
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
These are for people looking for a more "pick n mix-esque" style treat.

WHERE TO BUY?The only place I've seen these so far is Asda on special offer for £1, I presume other stores will be getting them in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment