Thursday, 29 May 2014

Milky Bar Milk & Cookies

I picked up this bar from Cyber Candy quite some time ago but I've only just got around to reviewing it now; peculiar why as it was in fact a really tasty chocolate bar which is a standard in Australian market. Unfortunately us Brits don't seem to be massively into Cookies n Cream chocolates so it's unlikely we'll be getting anything like this anytime soon.

Milky Bar Milk n Cookies

After trying Hershey's Cookies n Cream bar many moons ago this was what I was going to compare it to, and lets just say that Milky Bar blew it out of the water. Obviously you aren't going to buy this bar if you're looking for something a bit more 'elegant' shall we say, this bar is sweet, of course, with a creamy white chocolate base; however there are really good generous amounts of dark cookie chunks throughout, which added a nice crunch and took a bit of the edge off the sweetness.

Milky Bar Milk n Cookies

I love the concept of the bar and that fact that rather making it 'cookies n cream' they've linked in the 'Milky Bar' name to create 'Milk n Cookies' and I do think its nicer than just your bog standard plain white chocolate bar; if this was readily available in the UK then I would probably pick up a bar now and then if I my sweet tooth was crying out for a bar of white chocolate.

Milky Bar Milk n Cookies

Would I purchase it again from Cyber Candy? Probably not a repeat purchase, no; however if I hadn't tried this bar and wanted to give something a go then sure, I'd definitely recommend it!

Taste - 7.4/10 - A really nice bar, creamy, sweet but not cloyingly so.
Texture - 8/10 - Great amount of cookie chunks/pieces throughout the bar.
Appearance - 8.2/10 - Looks great.
Price - 7/10 - This is priced at £3.50 for an 80g bar from Cyber Candy; not cheap, but not extortion either.
Overall - 7.7/10 - A great alternative Cookies n Cream bar.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Well you've definitely got to have a big sweet tooth, but also for people who are looking for something a bit different that they may not be able to pick up normally from their run of the mill commercial chocolate stand.

WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up from Cyber Candy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment