Thursday, 26 June 2014

Cadbury's Eclairs Velvets

Cadbury's Eclairs bring back memories of long rode trips to visit family, they would always be the sweets that my Mam would purchase for snacks in the car - much to my disappointment, they're not something I would ever particularly choose with the chewy toffee always providing enough worry that when chewing it would pull one of my teeth out!

Cadbury's Eclairs Velvets

A few months ago Cadbury's launched these Eclairs Velvets, a softer caramel filled with liquid chocolate centre and coated in milk chocolate; when I heard that they had been released I can hardly say that I rushed to purchase them but a couple of weeks ago but after being contacted about being trying some I thought I would open my mind and give them a go.

Cadbury's Eclairs Velvets


Cadbury's Eclairs Velvets

 They come in pouch format and each individual Eclair is wrapped; unwrapping one they are a decent size and unlike other sharing pouches where you might continue to eat and eat until all of the contents have disappeared with these you are likely to have a couple and then maybe put them away - more like eating a box of chocolates. The caramel is certainly softer; maybe not as soft as I was expecting - more a toffee than a soft runny caramel that's for sure, but they definitely didn't instill any fears that my teeth may be pulled out, which is always a good thing!

Cadbury's Eclairs Velvets


The liquid chocolate centre is much runnier, definitely not anything like melted chocolate but more the consistency of a chocolate sauce whilst the chocolate coating gives it another upgrade from the regular Eclairs. Without a shadow of a doubt I definitely preferred these to regular Eclairs, they were sweet, chewy with a lovely mix of caramel/chocolate - whether I would go out and buy them regularly though I'm not so sure. However I shared some with my family and my Mam, the Eclairs hardcore fan exclaimed that she "absolutely loved them and would purchase them whenever she fancied a chewy caramel"; I guess whatever floats your boat.

Taste - 6.7/10 - Lovely caramel flavour with nice addition of chocolate in both the sauce and the coating.
 Texture -6.6/10 - I think I would have liked the caramel to have been slightly softer but having said that it's still pretty good.
Appearance - 6.6/10 - Good size, great that they are individually wrapped for portion control!
Price - 6.5/10 - Priced in line with other Cadbury's sharing bags.
Overall - 6.6/10 - Better than regular Eclairs but wouldn't make it to the top of my list if I fancied something chocolatey and sweet!
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?If you like regular Eclairs then you are probably going to love these; I'd also say they are for an occasion where you fancy toffee more than you do chocolate - these aren't going to massively satisfy a chocolate craving.

WHERE TO BUY?
Most major supermarkets and newsagents should stock these.

No comments:

Post a Comment