Monday, 30 June 2014

The Chocolate Smiths Americana Bizzare

You may have seen a week or so ago that our first review of one of 'The Chocolate Smiths' bars - Bahama Bizarre; I was extremely impressed with this bar, but in all honesty when purchasing my selection from their range it was this bar that I was the most excited to try. Anyone who has been reading this blog for a while now must know my love of chocolate pralines/chocolate with nuts/chocolate + peanut butter and I often complain about how the UK is quite limited in terms of it's combinations including the delectable spread.

The Chocolate Smiths : Americana Bizarre

Therefore this bar immediately jumped off the shelf to me! Milk chocolate with crunchy peanut butter and crispy pretzel - sounded good to me! As soon as I unwrapped the chocolate bar from it's first wrapper I was slightly perplexed; I was expecting a scattering of pretzel pieces throughout but instead was greeted with what looked liked 3 large mounds emerging from the green foil wrapping.


The Chocolate Smiths : Americana Bizarre

Unwrapping it further you can actually see there are 3 whole pretzels stuck in there - wow! I always find it irritating when you purchase a bar that supposedly  contains certain mix ins just to find that the pieces in the actual chocolate bar are so small that you can barely recognise they're there. No chance of that happening here.


The Chocolate Smiths : Americana Bizarre

Things improved even further when I snapped into the bar and was greeted with probably the most generous peanut butter filling I have ever seen in a chocolate bar; wow, a chocolate bar that actually delivers in terms of chocolate : peanut butter ratio!

The Chocolate Smiths : Americana Bizarre

In terms of flavour there's a really good contrast; the milk chocolate is pleasantly creamy and sweet but because the peanut butter + pretzels are both quite salty you are met with a very moreish combination that makes you just want to keep nibbling away. Again like the Bahama Bizarre bar, this bar certainly isn't easy to eat and it is quite messy - but I know I'd rather have a messy chocolate bar that is jam packed full of filling than a stingy one that I can eat daintily.

Taste - 9.2/10 - Eventually a chocolate peanut butter bar that delivers! Perfect balance between sweet/savoury/salty.
Texture - 8.6/10 - Peanut butter is wonderfully creamy with nice crunchy pieces, plus the addition of the crunchy pretzel.
Appearance - 7.4/10 - I love all of The Chocolate Smiths design of wrapping; the bar on initial unwrapping can look a bit inelegant due to the large pretzels in the bar but overall I'd rather have this compared to lots of tiny pieces that are barely noticeable when I come to eat it.
Price - 8.2/10 - I'd certainly pay £3.75 for this bar again.
Overall - 8.4/10 - One I would most definitely recommend for any die hard peanut butter fans.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone that loves peanut butter will absolutely love this!

WHERE TO BUY?I bought mine at Fenwicks but you can also pick it up online here.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this sounds lush! I haven;t tried these flavours yet but I'm gonna review the Baba Bizarre soon. I also found it a little messy with the filling but it was so nice I'm not complaining!

    ReplyDelete