Thursday, 24 July 2014

Battertastic Birthday Cake Rainbowlicious Popfetti Chocolate Bar

I remember seeing this bar quite a while ago on Cyber Candy's website and being intrigued about it. Cake batter is one of those flavours that I want to love in products - actual cake batter gives me wonderful memories of eating it out of the mixing bowl as a child; that delicious flavour that was always so much better than the actual cake. However I have yet to find a product that can replicate and deliver that same flavour and feelings of nostalgia.

Battertastic Birthday Cake Rainbowlicious Popfetti Chocolate Bar

 I'm not sure who actually produces this bar - I think it may actually be Cyber Candy themselves. Living in London now it meant that I was able to pick a bar up from their shop and couldn't wait to try it. The bar itself is white chocolate flavoured of "cake batter" complete with popping candy and multicolored sprinkles.  Due to the warm weather the bar had softened quite a bit when I went to eat it.

Battertastic Birthday Cake Rainbowlicious Popfetti Chocolate Bar

Popping a chunk in my mouth I can't say there was an overwhelming flavour of cake batter, I mean it's kind of there as the chocolate melts a bit but its not prominent...it's kind of just like a bog standard sweet white chocolate with the tiniest hint of cake batter...and the popping candy, well in this bar I found it pretty irritating.

Battertastic Birthday Cake Rainbowlicious Popfetti Chocolate Bar

 I don't seen how popping candy ends up having something to do with cake batter anyway - I presume it was just added to make the bar more "fun" and "interesting" but I found it actually detracted from the experience, as your chocolate melts in your mouth you have the obtrusive hard crunchy pieces of multicolored strands and then an explosion going on in your mouth from the popping candy...and you don't even get a great flavour of cake batter!!

Battertastic Birthday Cake Rainbowlicious Popfetti Chocolate Bar

Pretty disappointing, I continue my search for a good cake batter flavoured product.

Taste - 3.9/10 - Not particularly cake batter-esque.
Texture - 3.6/10 - Popping candy flying everywhere, multicolored sugar strands obtrusive in the mouth.
Appearance - 5/10 - The bar itself doesn't look anything special, the multicolored strands could have been a bit more prominent.
Price - 6.2/10 - At £2.99 it's not ridiculously priced and would be a good small present to get someone if you think they would like something a bit different.
Overall - 4.7/10 - Very disappointing.
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
I can imagine this would probably go down well with kids.

WHERE TO BUY?
At Cyber Candy's stores or online here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame. I'm wondering what cake batter would taste like in chocolate...presumably cakey and of vanilla? Lol. It's not something I've ever tried before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting quite a strong cake/vanilla flavour yes, it was really subtle and just tasted like a pretty sweet white chocolate to me..which is a bit disappointing because I think if pulled off it could be really good and interesting. Apparently the M&Ms that were launched that were meant to be birthday cake flavour had a similar problem, so maybe it's quite hard to get spot on.

      Delete
  2. Made by CyberCandy themselves? Boy - from an American Candy retailer to one which produces its own oddities! Fancy that.

    Hahhaa living in London gives you a fantastic chocolate selection doesn't it!

    -Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know I was quite surprised too - it said on the back that it was packaged by Cyber Candy and had no details of an actual company that produced it so I presume it was also made by them at least.
      It was really disappointing though compared to what I was expecting, but yes living in London gives me massive choice in terms of both chocolate and other delights!
      Hope you are well.

      Delete